Any of you folks from the awesome state of Colorado??

by SweetBabyCheezits 82 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

My mother was born in Greeley, my sister lived in Durango for many years, my nephew and niece and families live outside Denver and my greatgrandfather was married in Silverton and took the first Cogwheel train up Pike's Peak. Learned how to flyfish on the Gunnison and Big and Little Piney rivers.

Great country.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    MTS: We are thinking of making the same kind of migration. We have been talking about it A LOT lately!

That's awesome to hear, MTS! What destinations are you considering, if you don't mind me probing gently?

Sprout: Buuuuutttttt i think moving away is a fantastic move... We are planning on moving far far away... Need to get away from the dubbie family and all the dubbies that know us..... Hope you and your family find somewhere lovely to move to and enjoy what the future has to offer.

Thanks, Sprout. Uprooting and settling elsewhere sounds refreshing, eh? I know what you mean about leaving old JW ties behind. We're doing great, all things considered, but I think a move will be the best step towards closure and a fresh life. I'd like to get out there and stop being former JWs and just be.... friends and neighbors. And mountain climbers.

MF: Wish I could move, but i'm currently stuck in the city of Dis*.

Dante? Damn, you're a well-read MF(er).

I'm familiar with the city of Dis. IIRC, one year their team almost made it to the playoffs and the local fans were all wearing "Dis who dat!" tee shirts. Buncha scallywags.

Designs: My mother was born in Greeley, my sister lived in Durango for many years, my nephew and niece and families live outside Denver and my greatgrandfather was married in Silverton and took the first Cogwheel train up Pike's Peak. Learned how to flyfish on the Gunnison and Big and Little Piney rivers. ...... Great country.

Not gonna lie - I'm consumed with envy right now, Designs. I'm going to earn my flyfishing merit badge when I get there, by gosh. And I want my little ones to be hiking, biking, kayaking, camping, fishing, photographing, mountain-people. This is about to happen.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Mai and I have a cabin near Estes Park - it is great in the late spring, summer, and early fall but it is too cold for us in the winter.

The county is Boulder, and as said above - the local politics is about as far to the left as Berkely, California.

• Thor
    Thor

We moved to Boulder in 1981 and still live in the area and love it. The weather is great, the mountains are awesome in all seasons. Before we became witnesses we would go camping just about every weekend in the spring, summer, and fall. There are hiking trails everywhere for every level of difficulty, mountain biking galore, skiing in the winter and spring, tons of festivals of every kind, and tons of other stuff that we are now enjoying even more since we left the borg. Boulder also has a bunch of breweries! We would definitely recommend the Boulder area. Check out Louisville, Lafayette, Erie, Broomfield, and Superior. These towns are all close to Boulder. The Loveland and Ft Collins area are also nice but further from the city. If you have any questions you could PM us.

Thor

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I am here in Boulder -absolutely love it!! Everyone is healthy and in great shape - you rarely see anyone with a cigarette. The crime rate is very low - probably because a lot of the town enjoys it's marijuana, which makes many very mellow. There are plenty of fabulous restaurants and a Whole Foods to die for. No end of biking, hiking, skiing, running etc. plus everything that Thor said above. The weather is gorgeous the majority of the time - but most of all the people are awesome. Ft. Collins is also beautiful, but nothing like Boulder.

No end of environmentalists and animal rights people! Your dead cat picture you posted for me would definitely be frowned on here

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Oh and one more thing.....I think your photography would be very much appreciated here.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    JamesWoods: Mai and I have a cabin near Estes Park...

Bastardo! Yeah, I've got a couple places, too. Thanks, JW.

Thank you also for the input, Thor! It sounds like a great area to raise kids. We will definitely check out those areas as well. We're planning to take our summer vacation up there to get a feel for the area. I may have some questions for you before then, my good man.

MagWitch: I am here in Boulder -absolutely love it!! Everyone is healthy and in great shape - you rarely see anyone with a cigarette.

Smoker: That's nothing but a cigarette...
    Carter: That's ciga-weed!
    Smoker: Well it looked like a cigarette...
    Carter: You better have glaucoma.
    Smoker: I do.

The crime rate is very low - probably because a lot of the town enjoys it's marijuana, which makes many very mellow. There are plenty of fabulous restaurants and a Whole Foods to die for. No end of biking, hiking, skiing, running etc. plus everything that Thor said above. The weather is gorgeous the majority of the time - but most of all the people are awesome. Ft. Collins is also beautiful, but nothing like Boulder.

You people are either really great at marketing or your city just rocks. When people ask about my hometown the best I can say is, meh, the traffic's not bad.... which, upon reflection, is a good indicator that I live here by default, not by choice.

Oh and one more thing.....I think your photography would be very much appreciated here.

Well, thank you, kind madam. My confidence waxes and wanes but I get the impression that the Denver area pool-of-photographers is an ocean compared to anything I'm used to around here. I fear I'll be lost among a sea of 10,000 highly experienced pros. But, hell, why not make it 10,001?

Here's a crazy coincidence: my wife just remembered that her dad's cousin - we'll call him "Jesse" (since that's his name) - lives in the Denver area.... Littleton, we think. So she's trying to reconnect right now. My wife says that Jesse and his sister - both former dubs - are considered apostates by JW family. How the heck about that??

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

My wife says that Jesse and his sister - both former dubs - are considered apostates by JW family. How the heck about that??

Clearly, Holy Spirit is involved.

It's another Festivus miracle!!!!!!!!!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

And I'd just completed the 4th season of this on my VCR last night....

So I ask you: Coincidence? Or providence?

• cult classic
    cult classic

I love, love, LOVE visiting Colorado. It is absolutely a perfect state. Most areas I've been to there are just beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit