Arrrghhh! enough you pompous christians!

by Aussie Oz 84 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

" (chuckle....) WasBlind, take a look at your spelling - spellin' - on the second line of your post..."

LOL @ Zid,

Girl I need glasses Baaaaaad !!!!!!! and it's too late to change it now

" You got me Wasblind

My functional complusive disorder is peeing on furniture

jay ;)"

No Jay88 the jokes on me

• ziddina
    ziddina

LOL, WasBlind...

It happens to us alll....

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "If you don't like their posts, don't read 'em - just skip over it. No one is holding a gun to your head ..."

Hah!!

CoonDawg, the concept of "skipping" just doesn't apply when the posts eat up so much bandwidth... That's my main beef. Way too much text. Can't state things tersely - concisely...

Believe me, I don't actually read her posts - I'd rather put that time into sewing projects!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

We need the IGNORE button.

S

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

Atheists .....Christians..... I say we need a Love Fest

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Crikey moses!

this thread took off!

Look, this was not directed at any ONE individual. It was for a number of 'christians' who like to use this flowery language always, and i am sure they know who they are.

It has NOTHING to do with whether they are or are not 'nice' or kind or whatever, NOR does it have anything to do with the message. In fact, it turns many OFF the message itself. Should i look past the 'greetings'? perhaps, but it just makes users look like wankers, sorry. It makes no difference male or female. Do you all talk like that in public? I doubt it. Yes this is a 'religious/non religious' forum. And you are free to post your thoughts like everybody else, why on earth would i make you think you cant?

This is what it does to most people: It makes you appear, first, downright odd. It gives the impression of repeating some weird salutation from a loooong gone era, it looks to mainstream people that you are trying too hard to demonstrate loving speech, even deliberatly overdoing it to demonstrate some sort of perceived christlikeness. It comes accross as puffed up with pride, a sort of; "i am obviously a christian...what are you?" It comes accross in post replys as "i know you are a heathen sinner and hate the lord but i still love you dear aussie oz may you have peace" It's like i am gunna bitch slap you but do it with christian love to soften the blow. Whether those are the intentions it matters not, what matters is how it makes you look. And to outsiders it makes you look silly. I know, i know, you will probably respond ''well i am happy to look silly for the lord'' or something too.

I am sure you are proud to be christian and perhaps even have the lord speak to you. If that floats your boat, ok. I get the whole christians are to be different or no part of the world thing, but i doubt Jesus would have his followers make themselves objects of ridicule because of strange lingo... i thought it was the message that was to create that.

There are also a number of christians on here who manage to post without all that uber righteous speak. They manage to make their points and share in discussions without resorting to the platitudes mentioned. I do read their posts.

I did not seek to offend anybody, even though i knew it would likely have that effect.

Try participating without the platitudes. You may be on the internet, but it is still the world. What did Paul do when in Rome? He bacame as a Roman did he not? When dealing with us regular 'heathens' why on earth raise our hackles by using this talk that belongs in some closed jesus people meeting?

ok, thats a little rant, just trying to get my point accross. I will admit i have little tolerance for 'out there' christianity. I will admit i do not like religion of any creed. You want to be taken seriously by more forum members? want to get the message of support for jesus accross? I can tell you, the flowery greeting stuff aint the way to do it thats for sure.

oz

• moshe
    moshe

People who have read to much King James Bible talk funny, that's the problem. They think it makes them sound, uh, more religious than you.

I have dealt with many Christians and they never end a conversation in person with, "I'm a slave of Christ" (but, you're just a whoreson dread-bolted ratsbane!) and ,"have peace", (and The spirit of Jesus will make it happen, because the spirit dwells inside me- and not you, otherwise, I wouldn't have to give you a blessing you churlish clapper-clawed malt-wormm, you faithless sinner.) When religionists go on like mammering dizzy-eyed codpieces about Jesus, they look like a jaded onion-eyed minimus, nay, a prating bat-fowling moldwarp.

• tec
    tec

And people should conform to what others decide is acceptable... why? Didn't everyone here have enough of that at the hands of others?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I have an EEEEEEEEEEE - vil idea...

Well worthy of my self-anointed - ah, should that be "self-appointed"?? - title of "She-Devil"...

And I'm off to make it happen!!

"We Come In Peace.... We Come In Peace..."

ZZZZZAP!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

'moldwarp'?

Garsch, dats harsch.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit