Arrrghhh! enough you pompous christians!

by Aussie Oz 84 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Aussie Oz, I bet you can't listen to more than 45 seconds of this straight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFOAYuPNYY

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some state such pompous "Holier-than-thou" stuff so that they can claim that those who disagree with them were the instigators of argument.

Notice this MARS ATTACKS youtube where the contributor erroneously states that "Hippies cause intergalactic war." (Ignore the fact that Mars is not in some other galaxy.) So, if you say you come in peace, anything that sets you off is the other guy's fault. Afterall, you came in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsXnK0ouTL8&feature=related

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

haha...I know what you mean. My dad, a pedophile and now a crossdresser, signs his text messages with "As a child of God, you are blessed." The irony gets me every time!

Once, one of my best friends changed his VM greeting to end with "...and have a blessed day." He was just doing it as a joke - he's every bit as much an atheist as I am. It was hillarious to all of us who really know him.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Live long and prosper.

• clarity
    clarity

"Terry has a point. I find it difficult to be as blunt and confrontational with a woman as I would with a man. The same is true in real life.

My generation was brought up to be protective towards women. To give way on the side walk, give up our seat, open doors for them and pay for everything" .

Wow Trevor, haven't seen one of these for a very long time!!

How about dinner tonight then?!

clarity

• trevor
    trevor

Clarity Chauvinists still exist in Southern England.

Alas I already have a dinner guest tonight.

• tec
    tec
    How about dinner tonight then?!

LOL, Clarity. I'm hungry too :)

As to the original post, why should Shelby, or any Christian for that matter change the way she/he speaks just because you don't like it. I like you, Aussie... a lot, and I respect how great a dad you are and how much you have survived... but you don't think she's had her fill of people telling her how she could speak, think, act, when in the WT?

I don't like it when people curse every third word (which sucks for me because I'm married to a welder, and all his friends are tradesmen), but I don't tell any of them how they should talk.

Maybe this post is just a weeee bit pompous?

Tammy

• mouthy
    mouthy

It makes you look like right twats.

I know your talking about me. But I was told we could share
    out thought on here. I left once before because folks were offended by me
    but come on,cant you allow an old woman her last days, to express herself?
    or are you becoming as you were in the WT>>>> JUDGES?????

Grace ( Undeserved Kindness)

• watersprout
    watersprout

Firstly i ain't no groupie!

Secondly Shel is recovery from major surgery and perhaps it would be kinder to NOT slag her off. If you don't like what she puts don't read it! It's really that simple!

Do YOU like it when you are told what to say, how to speak, how to react??? No i bet you don't. No one likes a judgmental ass! So get your head out from up your ass and start being nice to ones who have the ''christ like love''! If you don't like the back lash, don't give it out! I swear this is why you arrogent ones on here attack Shel. It's because she always shows love and never retailates! Well you know what?? I AIN'T LIKE THAT! And you are pissing me off with your nasty talk!!!!!!

• tec
    tec

Mouthy, you're so loving and generous and wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit