Arrrghhh! enough you pompous christians!

by Aussie Oz 84 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy, you're so loving and generous and wise.

Not really Tec but thank you for thinking it

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Theres room for everyone here..

Including..

God Bless You,I love Jesus,Christians..

If they want to bless me Cool,the Rest of You aren`t Blessing me..

I need to be Blessed..

When I`m Blessed..I have a Bucket of Chicken and Cold Beer..

Right now I`m out and I need to find a Christain..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VRXigGPIjUw/TQirz08qufI/AAAAAAAAEFY/6UNC4wUm3Mc/s400/kfc%2Bbucket%2Bof%2Bchicken.gifhttp://www.mobileapples.com/Assets/Content/Wallpapers/Jesus-Cross-Olive.jpghttp://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50497_281507249473_2607014_n.jpg

.................... ...OUTLAW

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Oz, I understand your point.

I think Shelby's repetitious "peace to you" and "a slave of Christ" may be genuine to her but that sincerity is lost on nonbelievers, especially when it appears in almost EVERY post. To me, it's part of her delusion, and she feels moved to maintain it within her "role". I could be wrong about that, though.

So does she have the right to put those things in her posts? Of course. And I don't think Oz is arguing against her freedom of speech.

But do unbelievers, whom she wishes to 'find her Lord', feel compelled to seek [capital] Him out based on her flowery bids of peace? It doesn't appear so. So if that's part of her objective, it likely isn't helping.

I can see where logic might say, "Geez, she should realize that it sounds self-righteous." But I think a lot of non-theists would agree that logic is rarely the basis for many religious beliefs in the first place. Believers tend to place greater emphasis on faith, right?

OTOH, not everyone on this forum is repulsed by the repetitious platitudes (to repeat a great word that Trevor used) if they interpret it as sincere.

I definitely understand the rant, though, from the non-theist side.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

see? there's even room for Outlaw.

• tec
    tec

But do unbelievers, whom she wishes to 'find her Lord', feel compelled to seek [capital] Him out based on her flowery bids of peace? It doesn't appear so. So if that's part of her objective, it likely isn't helping.

SBC, how Shelby speaks is about who she is, not about who she wants someone else to be. Certainly not about what other people want her to be.

Those of us who understand that she is sincere, even like having someone, somewhere wish us peace in our day.

Tammy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shelby is the Best dam Blesser around here..

You could all take Blessing Lessons from her..

Last time she Blessed me..

I had to load the Chicken in the Truck with a Crane..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I like to put it this way:

Freedom of speech may allow you to say whatever you want but it also allows me to tell you to STFU!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Those of us who understand that she is sincere, even like having someone, somewhere wish us peace in our day.

I enjoy a bid of peace as much as the next person. I'm just saying it may lose significance to some after the 80th time it's repeated in a single day. Bear in mind, this doesn't even sound like something the gospel Jesus would do. I get the impression he let his actions speak for him or that the content of his message would've reflected his bid of peace enough that he wouldn't have to say it every paragraph. (I know... this from a non-Christian.)

I understand she is sincere, even as I understand my JW parents are sincere. But if she has a primary objective of drawing non-theists to her god (which she may not), the endless flowery speech may give the impression that she's pretentious to that crowd. And if that's not her main objective, then more power to her.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm not a Christian and do get sick of self-righteous sayings from those who sputter fire and brimstone, but I never felt that Shelby had that intent.

Intent is what it's mostly about, and Shelby is innocent of self-righteousness as I read her.

I like her posts, no matter how she introduces them or ends them.

Also, positive words always leave a smile on my face when spoken sincerely.

She always makes me smile, and that is healthy.

Being reminded to make peace with others is never wrong, in my book.

• designs
    designs

I was Blessed today, I got out of bed fumbled around for a little bit, got the coffee maker working, news chanel on, read the paper, left for work, arrived safely. Taking the Amtrak train to San Diego in about an hour, I love trains, all in all a very Blessed day....

Ozzie put down that gun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit