Arrrghhh! enough you pompous christians!

by Aussie Oz 84 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey SBC..

I`ve known Shelby a long time..She is the Real Deal..

I`m not a Christian and it makes no difference to her..She`s not looking for any converts..

She`s just posting here like the rest of us..She really is a good person..

I`m happy to have her as a Friend..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

Like like like like like ^^^^^^^

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@White Dove!!..

What the hell was that?..LOL!!..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ummmm... may you ALL have peace?

Wow. Another post "about" me. I'm sorry but I cannot help thinking that posts like this are actually contradictory to what the OP's of such seem to be saying. I mean, don't they tend to point more attention AT me... and what I post and how... than AWAY... as the comments tend to suggest is desired?

Look folks, meaning those of you who don't get it: I don't offer a greeting of peace in order to "win" anyone. I do it because it is what my Lord has directed me to do. And since "he that is faithful in what is least is faithful in much"... I do it. I am not a "faithful in big things" kind of christian - I don't do the works of, say, Mother Theresa, and MLK, or Paul, et al., though I do wish I had the gift... and courage... to. I am, rather, a "faithful in little things" kind of christian. My Lord says to eat his flesh and drink his blood. So... I eat and drink. My Lord says to give a greeting of peace when I enter another's home. So, I offer a wish for peace. My Lord says I must love even my enemies. So, I try to do that everywhere, and particularly, HERE. Primarily by trying to always speak kindly to all... and so calling pretty much EVERYONE "dear"... because who am I to say who is dear to HIM and who is not (unless he reveals that info... or they ask NOT to be so greeted)?

I get it that we live in a time where women calling other women "bitches" and "ho's" is acceptable. And men calling other men "dog" is routine. I get it that some men prefer a woman to show herself to be just a little "dirty"... so that they can feel "better" about "bitch-slapping" her. Trust me, I know how to speak "street"; indeed, if I spoke in the vernacular that I grew up with I would have been long banned.

Regarding the language I use... what can I say? Perhaps I am a "Renaissance" woman. Who knows... who really cares? I don't think so, though. Rather, there are times when I "speak" from a position of being on my own... and then there are times when it's from a position of direction by holy spirit. It is how Christ speaks to ME... always, ALWAYS... from a position of kindness, humility, lowliness... and love... and so how he is teaching me to speak to others. Part of the kingship training.

Does everyone like/accept it? Of course, not. But it would be upon such ones to ask themselves why they have such a hard time with it. Perhaps they aren't very trusting people anyway - why is that, though? Has nothing to do with me, I'd wager. Perhaps THEY'RE not very kind or loving. Perhaps they consider it "weak" and anything weak repulsive to them. But all of that has to do with them... and not me.

Dear SBC wrote:

But do unbelievers, whom she wishes to 'find her Lord', feel compelled to seek [capital] Him out based on her flowery bids of peace? It doesn't appear so.

Please forgive my forthrightness, dear one, but apparently you haven't been paying attention: it really is NOT part of my objective. I am NOT trying to call or convert ANYONE. Christ calls, not me. And my message(s) are primarily for BELIEVERS... not unbelievers... although I do respond to questions/statements from the latter from time to time. But I'm not here to convert anyone - either you believe or you don't. I am only sharing the truth... as I receive it from the truth... in an effort to workout salvation for MY household. By obediently sharing what I hear as well as telling the TRUTH about Who I hear it from. Whether folks listen... or not.

So, now, let's all leave off this, yet another "Shelby said/did/is/was...." thread, as there really is much better use to be made of the board space. In fact, I would like to ask ALL... if you can find it in your hearts to do so... not another "Shelby" thread whatsoever. Good... bad... whatever. Use the space to send out love and kudos to those who need it, those who are suffering from illness, circumstances, who NEED a greeting of peace... or a little humor... or sage advice... encouragement... enlightenment... whatever. If you have a special greeting for me, please... use PM or email.

C'mon, folks - how I say what I say really is NOT as "important" and "worthy" as some of you are making it out to be. Don't like what I say or how I say it? Then, please... I BEG of you: exercise some restraint and just skip over the post. Or... don't open the thread altogether. You can do this. I KNOW you can do this. Your addiction is with JWN... not Shelby. Right?

Okay, then... again, peace to you... and happy posting!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ (sorry, but both are true and within my various freedoms to say so),

SA

• White Dove
    White Dove

You tell 'em, Shelby!

Outlaw, the "like like like" means that I pressed the "like" button that doesn't exist on this site but should. The ^^^^^ means the above comment, YOURS :D And the repetition of them means I really mean it.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    SBC: But do unbelievers, whom she wishes to 'find her Lord', feel compelled to seek [capital] Him out based on her flowery bids of peace? It doesn't appear so.
    Shelby: Please forgive my forthrightness, dear one, but apparently you haven't been paying attention: it really is NOT part of my objective. I am NOT trying to call or convert ANYONE.

My apologies, Shelby. I thought that a fundamental part of Christianity was to "make disciples of Christ".

Anyway, I noted that it very well might not be one of your primary objectives - to help others find your lord - so please forgive me. I hope you are able to 'workout salvation for YOUR household' nonetheless.

I know what you write is what you truly believe.

• chickpea
    chickpea

exercise your perogative not to read the
    posts made by individuals you prefer not
    to read.... it is better than caller ID! no
    posts show up as unidentified poster!

• watersprout
    watersprout

Shelby that was a lovely post! Maybe one day i will have those peaceful qualities you posses. Our Lord willing! Lol

Chickpea *claps hands and dances about*

Peace *batten down the hatches cause i said the unforgivable word*

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I thought that a fundamental part of Christianity was to "make disciples of Christ".

Greetings, dear SBC (peace to you!) and thank you truly for your kind words. That is what my Lord told the 11, yes. And so some "he made apostles." But some, for example many of those Paul visited, were already "disciples", were they not? And so Paul (or whoever) simply shared more with them in order to help them build up their faith. But my Lord gave others to other services, for example, overseeing the distribution (to widows and orphans).

My commission was for me to go to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with them... and share what my Lord gives to me with them. First, on H2O; then, here. Why? To buildup/rebuild their faith... which was/has been threatened with shipwreck. And so that's what I do. When I asked about the "making disciples" part, he said that that was HIS work, and if I loved him I would obey and concern myself with the work HE gives me. And so, I do.

Don't let what men tell you my Lord's words meant be the basis for your understanding about christians, dear one. If they truly knew there wouldn't be the plethora of sects and Christ wouldn't be "divided" among men. If you can't yet exercise enough faith to hear HIM tell you what his directions and purposes were... and to whom... you might start by reading what is recorded. A word of caution, though: that, too, can be misleasing, due to the false stylus of the scribes.

The following, however, might help shed some light on what I've explained here (although, you could simply ask if what I am telling you is true):

"However, the eleven disciples went into Gal´i·lee to the mountain where [Jesus] had arranged for them, and when they saw him they did obeisance, but some doubted. And [Jesus] approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations..."

" Now in these days, when the disciples were increasing, a murmuring arose on the part of the Greek-speaking Jews against the Hebrew-speaking Jews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution. So the twelve called the multitude of the disciples to them and said: “It is not pleasing for us to leave the word of God to distribute [food] to tables. So, brothers, search out for yourselves seven certified men from among YOU , full of spirit and wisdom, that we may appoint them over this necessary business; but we shall devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” Acts 6:1-4

As Paul wrote to the Romans: "For just as we have in one body many members, but the members do not all have the same function." The members are set in the Body as God wills, through Christ, dear one... not as the member wills. And so, I am a servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with. Meaning, those who already have a belief in God but either not according to an ACCURATE knowledge (Acts 18:24-26)... or who lack, are losing, or have lost... their faith.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Twitch
    Twitch

Eh, whatever turns your crank.

If they ain't hurtin anybody, no big deal. Change the channel if you don't like the program,...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit