Todays WT study illustration of Jesus doing away Capitol Hill and Obama - a statement of the WTS?

by Gorbatchov 101 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

The Art Department is getting very lazy and sloppy. Besides Ugliest Jesus Ever, half the stuff in the illustration is photoshopped from previous artwork.

I remain unimpressed.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

And, this slipped the legal department since religions are not supposed to favor any political candidate. Perhaps the Governing Body is secretly all REPUBLICAN? That's why the slight change in voting rules?LOL.

Seriously, Was this actually written in the WT? Or, was it the speaker's comments? PLEASE CONFIRM.

Skeeter

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

By the way, the left part of this picture is from another illustration!!! Check it out!

armageddon

WT0910

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What page is this on in the US version? I need to know real bad.

• Lady Viola
  • agonus
    agonus

Like I said LV, half the artwork in the godawful picture has been photoshopped from other publications' prior artwork. Recognize Private Eye-Looking Guy With Revolver and Cowering Scarf Lady at the lower right?

Rehash, recycle, rinse, repeat... they're trying less and less every single issue.

• agonus
    agonus

Like yesterday's lunch, we've seen it all before

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

@agonus

Yeah, I think we were typing at the same time. ;-) Saw your post too late...

And I recognised it!

wt1997

• agonus
    agonus

Actually the quality of artwork in the first few pages isn't bad. I guess they saved the worst for last, as they always give Christ the least of their efforts.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

That picture freaked me out as a kid by the way...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit