"Birthdays rob the glory of God"

by sabastious 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Hi Mary

The validity of Baptism is that it was biblically recognised as an act that commits you to your belief of a particular faith whichever you choose. Like getting married to whichever man you choose. Most religions have their forms of marriage or indeed Baptism. Marriage is not Pagan because other Religions choose to do it among their people as well. The same goes with Baptism.

That being said we wouldn't baptize our children to the Sun god Ra if we were catholics or to Baal if we are Buddhists.

Therefore why do we have celebrations from Pagan practices made over to Christianity?

Pagan celebrations are condemned, Birthdays were and still are Pagan celebrations. That is the bible principle involved (Mrs jones)

Please understand the meaning of celebrating something to the degree that it becomes sacred, special and untoucheable in your eyes? These Pagan feastdays do not honour Jehovah and a token tag on his son does not honour Jesus either. If they are not so important to you and the world why this debate?

Why not just accept we as Jehovah's witnesses simply follow the early Christian and Jesus's own example in not doing them.

The rest of your words were just an ad hominen attack. Do you think that stuff would upset me? I find it simply indicates a personis resorting to insults from a losing postion.

• Bitch on Parade
    Bitch on Parade

beksbks: You know, I was wondering why anyone even bothers replying to debator, and then I realized keeping it engaged probably plays a good role in making people realize/remember how delusional some people are.

• debator
    debator

Hi caliber

If it was just personal celebrations with no wider extensive implications, why do Birthdays and Jesus's (pretend) birthday Make billions for those in trade and by extension Government taxes every year?

Hi 3dogs

your point was of-topic.

Hi bek

You illustrate why People embrace these Pagan feastdays on leaving Witnesses they no longer accept Biblical guidance and embrace all the world has to offer.

• agonus
    agonus

Jesus himself is a billion dollar industry. Hate to say it, but it's true.

Do we reject Him because of those who pervert the Gospel?

If you got rid of everything that could be traced to "pagan" or "commercial" interests, you wouldn't have any kind of religion at all, not even the concept of a Messiah.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

These Pagan feastdays do not honour Jehovah and a token tag on his son does not honour Jesus either.
    If they are not so important to you and the world why this debate?.....debator/Reniaa

Once again you bring this up..

I`ve already asked you..What you do at Your Parties to Honour God?..

You don`t answer..

You don`t have an answer,because you don`t "Honour God" at your Parties..

You just Point a Finger at everyone else..

Which means your an Idiot for even bringing it up..

...................... ..OUTLAW

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

the title of this thread is "birthdays rob the glory of God" Debator you are off topic for most of this discussion.....not are birthdays from a pagen origin.

You have robbed and hi jacked this thread.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

beksbks: You know, I was wondering why anyone even bothers replying to debator, and then I realized keeping it engaged probably plays a good role in making people realize/remember how delusional some people are.

Yup

• Ding
    Ding

<< You illustrate why People embrace these Pagan feastdays on leaving Witnesses they no longer accept Biblical guidance and embrace all the world has to offer. >>

Sort of like JWs who defy clear Watchtower teachings and commit disfellowshipping offenses by posting on apostate websites...

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Ding I am really starting to like you! Oh wait that comment is OT and you will just need to ignore it.

Oh and you too Outlaw!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh and you too Outlaw!.....3D1H

What can I say..

I`m Absolutely Adorable and Cute as a Button..

...................... ..OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit