SBCheezits Judicial Hearing - My EPIC FAIL (REPOST for IE users)

by SweetBabyCheezits 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The last 3 elder meetings I have been to I have recorded them with a pocket recorder, clip on mic under the lapel; what are they going to do, frisk me?

I will never ever go into a JC again without a recorder; I would definitely do the fake recorder and have a back up if I thought they were tech savvy.

Really, meet with three guys who have a day job, never been to a single class in dealing with people under stress, and they are going to sit in judgement on me?

I think not.

The elders can suck it.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

It's been a week... still no word.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I needed to stall them when they wanted to meet with me due to my sister's wedding being held two weeks from the date they set for the judicial meeting.

So I declined to meet, but then went in the KH on the night they asked for a meeting (weird, because I hadn't been in a KH in about 4 yrs or more) and handed the offending elder a letter (they had changed my committee meeting into a regular elders/MS meeting, so the whole group was gathered round). The letter hinted at legal action and alluded to the possibility that an elder who was a Postal worker might have used his position to accuse me because of my voter registration card. I was just trying to make sure and get my case sent to the legal dept in Bethel, hoping that A) they might just want to drop it, or B) it would stall them until after my sister's wedding.

Of course they didn't just drop it - they df'd me, but I didn't hear back from them till a week or two after the wedding, so it worked out, sort of. Then I stopped getting invited to family gatherings.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

UPDATE: I'm relieved to say that I was finally able to salvage my JC hearing recording off my iPhone and back it up to my PC. The file was initially unplayable (common problem with long voice memos on iPhone) but I found a workaround. I have the whole thing in tact!

So I started reviewing the recording and realized that I misunderstood the elder who made the comment below. Thankfully, I have a recording of exactly what he said, though, so I can set things straight. Looks bad on me since I misquoted him but I need to own up to it. (See! Protection for BOTH parties - another good reason to make recordings standard operating procedure, Bethel.)

SBC: I mentioned the account of Elisha calling down evil upon the jeering children, 42 of which were 'torn to pieces', and told them that it raised doubts in my mind as to how infallible the bible could be if it describes him as a God of love in one place but attributes such bloody retribution to him in so many OT accounts. (Also brought up kids dying in flood, S&G, Caananites, Amalekites, etc...) The elder who misquoted me earlier piped up and said, "Without a doubt, Jehovah is going to resurrect all those he personally killed back then! You've been baptized for over 20 years and you didn't know that??" No, I didn't. In fact, I looked around the room and saw some blank expressions so I asked the others if that was their understanding as well. [crickets]

He DID say that those children who were torn to pieces were going to be resurrected (and that's when he made the comment about me being baptized for so long and not knowing that) but then clarified that those who died in the flood, S&G, etc.... would NOT. My mind was still wrapping itself around his comments about those 42 kids who died by mauling getting resurrected. I misunderstood.

Having said that, the whole idea is still ridiculous to me: trying to decipher which children that the epitome of love himself ultimately slaughtered may have a hope of resurrection. Children in Noah's day, no. Children who were disrespectful to Elisha, yes.

I wanted to share this for the sake of honesty, because I don't want to exaggerate the facts. It also shows the value of an accurate record.

It was interesting to hear what they had to say in the 13 minutes we were out of the room.... not that they were backstabbing or anything but just their impression of us. Some of their assessment was even accurate.

I doubt I'll share out the recording unless there's a specific part that comes into question and I need to prove what was said. But I will share a small piece of transcript. For grins, here's the last minute of the recording. This is what it sounds like when you get busted while recording the deliberations with your iPhone:

"I don't like his devices being in here."

"Well he did leave it, didn't he?"

"Is that thing on?"

"That's a phone."

"Yeah,but you can record everything on it"

[indistinguishable talking]

[noise from someone picking up phone, keys]

"It's on, too."

"It's recording."

"It's recording?!"

"Yep."

"He lied to us then."

"How can you delete it?"

[sighs]

"It's locked with a passcode!"

[recording then ends as they shut off my phone via power button]

• flipper
    flipper

SWEETBABYCHEEZITS- I still think they are stalling you because they are waiting for a response from Bethel legal department . It happened in my case too. It's been a week ? I'd say expect an answer at the minimum another week- or it could be 3 more weeks. The elders and Bethel love to keep rank and file publishers twisting in the wind without an answer. It's called " cult mind control ". You should know within several weeks. Just my guess. Hang in there. It's hell not knowing. They get a sadistic thrill out of keeping you waiting

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Ok, the JW I talk to told me if god directly kills someone, they have no hope of a resurrection.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That's the JDub rule, Mythbuster. But evidently when he uses a bear or some men to do the killing then resurrection is on.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Sweet, does this mean Jezebel's coming back?? I want to know if she was as damn horrific as she was in the bible story (BS) book.

Sweeney, you get apostate street cred for the skilled use of "evidently."

• ziddina
    ziddina

Jezebel may have been damn horrific - a real beee-yotch, but I'll bet she was HOT!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "It was interesting to hear what they had to say in the 13 minutes we were out of the room.... not that they were backstabbing or anything but just their impression of us. Some of their assessment was even accurate. ..."

AOUW!!! TEase Tease TEASE!!! Any chance you could SUMMARIZE????

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit