SBCheezits Judicial Hearing - My EPIC FAIL (REPOST for IE users)

by SweetBabyCheezits 98 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Good for you man! I predict that the amount of people that are attempting to record their JC meeting will bring about a policy change from the branch or at least a letter to the BOE regarding recordings of Jc's. Too bad there is not an online library of audio recordings of JC's.

For a "legalized" process with investigations, charges, testimony, witnesses, and finally deliberation and sentencing they are blowing it when it comes to not allowing the proceedings to be recorded. Even secular courts have court reporters that produce a word for word transcript. Recording protects the accused as well as the accusers.

Great work again. The brothers are racking their brains over everything they said. Maybe enough of this will allow a couple of them to see how unjust the process is.

SIAM

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Can any of the elders comment on WHY the don't allow recordings? What scripture can they use to justify this?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Are you planning on ever posting the recording, Cheezy?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

no scriptural basis that I have ever seen aside from the principle on confidentiality.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

BD, I hadn't planned on it but I'm going to wait until I hear from the JC before making any decision.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done - remember they have no hold on you - they are little men representing a cult.

• DT
    DT

I like the way the tables have been turned on the elders in this case. They no longer have all the power and now have to be concerned about how this will affect their reputation and relationship with friends and family. I'm sure they are focusing on damage control right now. It's ironic that one of the elders was expressing views that are no longer current (to my best recollection) and is also guilty of apostasy.

I think we can count on bethel monitoring these threads. If it would be beneficial to you, you could post that you are willing to withhold the recording if they don't disfellowship you. It would be interesting to see how that affects things. They might just let you off the hook with a stern warning to not share your doubts with others.

I'm also curious about what they said when they discovered your recording and if this could be used as evidence that they invaded your privacy by tampering with your phone.

One concern that I have is that it may have been legal for you to record the conversation while you were present, but not when you were out of the room, depending on the laws in your area. On the other hand, the specific laws may be irrelevant if it is judged to be an internal religious matter outside the court's jurisdiction. The WTS uses this excuse all the time to avoid consequences for behaviour that would normally be illegal. I don't see any reason why it couldn't work both ways. (This is just my opinion. I'm not qualified to give legal advice and I'm not suggesting you test this theory.)

• sacolton
    sacolton

Secret meetings seems alot like what Jesus went through with the Pharisees.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Good point!

I expect these modern day Pharisees like to keep things biblically based

Blessings,

Stephen

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

SBC... you feel bad about recording your OWN trial? Please don't. You've done nothing wrong. These men may be well intentioned, but you are completely within your rights to record however you see fit.

Ask yourself, why would it make a difference to them whether you make handwritten notes or whether you record? The only difference is the legalities. By getting shitty about you recording, these men show that they are simply protecting their arses against any legal repercussions. You wouldn't think they'd be so worried considering they have Almighty God on their sides. God's spokesmen my arse.

x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit