SBCheezits Judicial Hearing - My EPIC FAIL (REPOST for IE users)

by SweetBabyCheezits 98 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here's to you hotchocolate

• wasblind
    wasblind

SBcheezits, please keep us posted

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    HC: you feel bad about recording your OWN trial?

No, not at all. I feel it's a shame I had to resort to deception to ensure my rights, but the shame is on the WTBTS. I have no regrets about my act of recording the hearing. I only feel bad that I had to be deceptive with a man I respect as a person - the chairman. In my opinion, he's still a good guy who sincerely cares about my family.

My feeling is more "I really hate that it had to be this way", instead of "I screwed up and I shouldn't have done that".

You and I well know the right to a fair trial should include an accurate record of the hearing. Unfortunately, the WT has no bill of rights to provide that "luxury". And yet you won't see that in the next Come be a JW book.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Can any of the elders comment on WHY the don't allow recordings? What scripture can they use to justify this?

A better question might be why are trials held in star chamber fashion without public access? Even in Israel trials were held at the public gate so that the judges had to be accountable to the public. If witness trials were held in public for the congo to witness, after the first few "apostacy" hearings the R&F would start to think for themselves, and that is the last damn thing the WTBTS wants. As far a scripture, you won't find one to even support the whole JC process in the New Testament.

JC hearings have one function only, and that is to control members by instilling fear in their hearts by threatening to take away their family and friends in a few short hours.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Even the Judicial systems in most countries record trials of the defendants, records are kept as to why a certain judgement was issued.

something as life changing as to be disfellowshiped should be done the same way , unless of course their is something to hide.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yippee Skippee!!! Finally, part TWO!!

"He said that would be fine as long as there was no audio recording software running. I replied that I wouldn't have anything running but a simple notepad app, to which he nodded in approval. (This may have been deceptive but I felt I had little choice if I wanted an accurate record of the whole meeting.) ..."

Hey, "Theocratic Warfare", Man... If THEY can do it, so can YOU!!!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    it's a shame I had to resort to deception to ensure my rights, but the shame is on the WTBTS.

Amen... and amen. People who have nothing to hide... hide nothing. No surprise, though, as it's the "policy" of the "hired man" (i.e., WTBTS leaders/GB)... because they KNOW some of those "wolves" they call "elders" (and, yes, I know there are exceptions to the rule, praise JAH!)... are uneducated, ignorant, mean-spirited, judgmental hypocrites who know little or nothing about God, Christ, the Bible... or even their own "other's" teachings... and so just might say something that's not only inaccurate, incorrect, and/or STOOPID (which many of them do!)... that will not only put everyone involved, including "Mama" in a position to be SUED... but if ever transcribed and published would pull the whole thing down around their non-working, living-off-the-sheep ears.

And they can't have THAT happening, now, can they?

Take heart, dear SBC... many hear have gone before you... and many more will do so after. In other words... this, too, shall pass...

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I hate to say it, but JCs aren't meant to be "fair trials." If you agree to attend one, you're playing by their rules. If they don't want you to record, and you say you won't but do so anyway, then what moral ground are you standing on? It's pointless (imho) to attend just to lie to their questions and record their responses. All they want to hear is your absolute, unconditional loyalty to the organization.

I'm sorry if my comment seems a little harsh. That's not my intent. What's done is done, and I hope things work out for you somehow.

Maybe the WTS will bleed so much membership this decade that they'll cease this nonsense and rethink their dogma. But until that happens, if ever, I think it may be better to threaten legal recourse when the local BoEs start yanking the chains. That's an imperfect solution too. Either way, you're "marked," and you shouldn't expect to get invited to any social functions.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Man oh man, I'm tellin' ya, it's only a matter of time before they start friskin' ya'll before those meetings. Oh, no, wait... before ALL meetings... ("Uh, excuse me, brother, you'll need to remove your shoes before coming in... yes, that's right... okay, now, please, raise your arms... uh-huh, yes... now, turn around... uh-huh... good. Okay! Now, if you'll just step through the detector you'll get your shoes back on the other side... Uh, Sister? Uh, can you wait, please? Oh, and you'll need to put your book bags, purse... and Bible... on the conveyor belt... yes, right there, and use one of the gray bins, please... thank you..."). ..."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

AGuest, that was PRICELESS!!!!! GREAT one!!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You know, I just realized something: the techie elder must have performed a hard reset on my iPhone! That means they didn't just find my iPhone recording and immediately bring it out to me but they attempted to get into it and when they realized it was locked, they held down the power button until the power off slider appeared on the screen. They wanted to shut off the recording! That explains why the Voice Memo app wasn't on the screen when he handed it to me - they rebooted it!
    Does anyone know if there really is legal action that could be pursued for that? Seems kinda petty but..... would that constitute a true invasion or privacy and can you press charges for that?
    If nothing else, they acted hastily and complicated the matter for themselves because now they will HAVE to report that fact to the branch and/or CO. If they stepped over the legal line by touching my personal effects, this could end up working in our favor. Again, it's not that I expected to avoid a DF verdict but we did want to buy a little time. ..."

Do as BetterDaze suggested...

"Tell them you took your iPhone to the police station and had it dusted for fingerprints. ..."

And THEN tell them that you asked the police to run those fingerprints through their sex-offenders' database...

Zid - Always coming up with something EEEEEEEEE-VIL....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit