Why do you have to pray to God to beable to understand the Bible?

by Number1Anarchist 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Doe
    John Doe

"I love your hair!"

"I love pizza!"

"I love to hate you!"

"I would love to see that happen."

"I love Shakespeare."

"I love my wife."

"Bye, love you honey."

"The love of death is the love of sin."

"My love beats within my groins."

"for $20, me love you long time."

"You can't love yourself but hate your brother."

"your dress looks lovely"

"That's not a loving thing to do!"

"For ever loving f'n christ!"

You get the idea.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Veen that was halarious, reads exactly like the bible. That's how i'm starting to look at religion as some crazed ancient nonsense with beliefs clearly based on bullshit.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You get the idea.

I do. Love is indefinable in terms of words, which kind of feeds back into my post on the supernatural. It nonetheless exists.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I do. Love is indefinable in terms of words, which kind of feeds back into my post on the supernatural.

That's rather evasive, don't you think? I just posted a defintion comprising 9 different ways of defining love. Anything that can be experienced can be defined. You're practicing a little more of your intellectual dishonesty here.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You're practicing a little more of your intellectual dishonesty here.

Actually, I am only partly responding in kind to you. It is at the core sense that I used originally-undefinable. We feel it, we struggle to put it to words, and while these attempts spawn the most beautiful poetry, it still is. Even God is defined, pull out your dictionary again, but in reality what is defined is the symbol word "God" and not the thing in itself.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Actually, I am only partly responding in kind to you. It is at the core sense that I used originally-undefinable. We feel it, we struggle to put it to words, and while these attempts spawn the most beautiful poetry, it still is. Even God is defined, pull out your dictionary again, but in reality what is defined is the symbol word "God" and not the thing in itself.

I don't struggle to put anything into words. Just because you attempt to detach logic and reasoning from your emotions doesn't mean they lack tangibility.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Oh no. I don't detach. But I do/have experienced. There is no illogic in accepting personal subjective experience.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    There is no illogic in accepting personal subjective experience.

So you're saying god felt you up?

I'd love to stay and banter, but I'm going to bed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    So you're saying god felt you up?

Thats a crude way of putting it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The supernatural cannot be measured like money in the bank, and that is the kind of belief I was referring to.

BTS

Sure it can. Either the supernatural exists or it doesn't. If there is no confirmable, testible evidence of its existence and yet you persist in believing, then you are being intellectually dishonest. Case closed. John Doe

John Doe,

Isn't what is confirmable and testable, to some extent, subjective?

In other words, who decides?

The case will remain open until its final disposition by the Judge of the universe.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit