Why do you have to pray to God to beable to understand the Bible?

by Number1Anarchist 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why do you have to drink the whiskey to see pink elephants?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why do you have to drink the whiskey to see pink elephants?

Funny that, it's always waltzing purple hippopotami with polka dot skirts for me. BTS

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I don't have any agendas i'm just a person trying to find facts and had enough nonsense from the Watchtower. Has nothing to do with me being superior over you. Look at the logic of accepting anything pagan into your religion whatever that may be. If your ok with that than so am i. Do i understand it? No. I can't engage in beliefs i know to be false and full of man made doctrines sorry been there done that. If you want to go down that same road by all means do it it's your life. You think it's is me who has the Watchtower thinking when in fact it's is not me but you. You have not left that mentality while i have. I have no biblical truth as do you but i know to do an investigation into a religion and not make excuses for it like you clearly are doing. You must have made those same excuse for the Watchtower when you were in, so you jump from one cult to the next. My point is thet're all liars from one church to the next. If you want to defend liars no different than the Watchtower have fun.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If your ok with that than so am i.

No you aren't OK with it, you've criticized it stridently, including in this very comment. At least be honest bro and we can have an honest discussion. You are either OK with it or you aren't, you obviously aren't--so don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, OK?

I will repeat that other than bald assertions you haven't backed up your statements one bit.

BTS

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist
    don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, OK? lol

Ya i can't help it. It's something that i will never understand is running off to Christianity after leaving the Watchtower. I've learned you never get anywhere argueing over the net. You're gonna believe what you want just like talking to a Jehovah Witness. You are staunch in your beliefs however wishy washy they may be to somone like myself. But i have no beliefs so i have my own problems to contend with just trying to understand yours. thx

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It's something that i will never understand is running off to Christianity after leaving the Watchtower.

How long have you been out? Some people go into Christianity and then into atheism, other people travel in the opposite direction.

You're gonna believe what you want just like talking to a Jehovah Witness.

In the end, we all believe what we choose to believe, what we like to believe, what suits our prejudices and fuels our passions. Sydney J. Harris.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    In the end, we all believe what we choose to believe, what we like to believe, what suits our prejudices and fuels our passions

This only applies to the intellectually dishonest. I may not want to believe that I have the smallest bank account in America, but the numbers dictate what I believe--not my prejudices or passions.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The supernatural cannot be measured like money in the bank, and that is the kind of belief I was referring to.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe

The supernatural cannot be measured like money in the bank, and that is the kind of belief I was referring to.

BTS

Sure it can. Either the supernatural exists or it doesn't. If there is no confirmable, testible evidence of its existence and yet you persist in believing, then you are being intellectually dishonest. Case closed.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist
    In the end, we all believe what we choose to believe, what we like to believe, what suits our prejudices and fuels our passions

"This only applies to the intellectually dishonest. I may not want to believe that I have the smallest bank account in America, but the numbers dictate what I believe--not my prejudices or passions" Amen John Doe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit