Why do you have to pray to God to beable to understand the Bible?

by Number1Anarchist 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Ive been out for 8 years. I can totally understand running off to atheism because not one religion on the planet teaches the truth. They all have some kind of nonsense they teach. The Watchtower makes you paranoid of religion i know i am. You know the old saying fool me once fuck you, fool me twice fuck me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If there is no confirmable, testible evidence of its existence

Just because something is not empirically verifiable using a scientific method, does not mean it does not exist. You want scientific proof of the supernatural? A reproducable scientific experiment, that proves the existence of a being of higher power of supernatural nature would, in proving that higher power, render the higher power natural and thus not a "higher power" at all. The scientific method is for testing natural things, if something could be verified, explained and repeated scientifically, it would no longer be supernatural but natural.

and yet you persist in believing, then you are being intellectually dishonest.

Believers view even the premise quite differently, and insist that they have no need to prove the existence of a God beyond proving it to themselves. Personal experience is a type of evidence currently off-limits to objective sciences.

If belief in God is just a psychological choice, an intellecutally dishonest one, that is based on heredity, and environment, then atheism is the same. Ultimately both choices are irrelevant, because we die and rot and the universe burns out one day in the future if atheism is true.

My point here is that there is no possible proof test of scientific naturalism, as there is no proof test for the existence of God. It is a choice.

I have a challenge for you. Prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Love actually exists. We sing songs about it, write poetry about it, teach it to our children, but I defy you to use a scientific test to prove it exists. I'll bet you think about love though, and I bet if you haven’t found it already you are looking for it.

The case is not closed.

BTS

• veen
    veen

1.Because prayer is a form of self-brainwashing. And on this statement[which means bungalow] i build my case[which means rhubarb]. 2.And I went on to live in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights naked on my own drinking my own urine due to dehydration and eating fragrant herbs. 3.And god truly appeared to me in a vision which was totally dissimilar on every level to the visions experienced by delirious people or those who take naturally occurring drugs. 4.And there was a griddle on the floor when I woke up and I thought "yeah man, that totally means something" so I wrote down what I thought it meant. A voice in my head completely agreed with what I thought it meant, which was 'griddles are amazing man, aren't they amazing'. And the voice then went on to say "I am not schizophrenia at all, I really am god, honest". 5.So I wrote these things down so that pathetic idiots, thousands of years from now, can completely waste their short lives trying to figure it all out. 6.God wants to murder you if you behave in a way consistent with the nature of your creation, but there will be another one who is coming, who kind of disagrees with him, but also doesn't at the same time. If you want you can 'accept him' and this will make you feel better because you are of weak mind and just can't sort yourself out and require a placebo.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Without reading the post, just the title, I would say that prayer is a sort of meditation that helps people to focus on what they are about to do.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    If belief in God is just a psychological choice, an intellecutally dishonest one, that is based on heredity, and environment, then atheism is the same. Ultimately both choices are irrelevant, because we die and rot and the universe burns out one day in the future if atheism is true.

It is not intellectually dishonest to evaluate evidence. It is, however, intellectualy dishonest to believe something that has no tangible and logcial support.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Because prayer is a form of self-brainwashing.

It's autosuggestive to be sure....

And I went on to live in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights naked on my own drinking my own urine due to dehydration and eating fragrant herbs

A spiritual retreat in nature is a great way to look for insight....go on....

And god truly appeared to me in a vision which was totally dissimilar on every level to the visions experienced by delirious people or those who take naturally occurring drugs.

And your mind was put in a state where it could interface with other realities.....go on.....

.And there was a griddle on the floor when I woke up and I thought "yeah man, that totally means something" so I wrote down what I thought it meant. A voice in my head completely agreed with what I thought it meant, which was 'griddles are amazing man, aren't they amazing'. And the voice then went on to say "I am not schizophrenia at all, I really am god, honest".

OK lost me there...

So I wrote these things down so that pathetic idiots, thousands of years from now, can completely waste their short lives trying to figure it all out.

Well heck, they are going to try to figure it all out anyway, might as well have a guide from someone who's been there and done that.

God wants to murder you if you behave in a way consistent with the nature of your creation, but there will be another one who is coming, who kind of disagrees with him, but also doesn't at the same time. If you want you can 'accept him' and this will make you feel better because you are of weak mind and just can't sort yourself out and require a placebo.

Nah, just that the way you act tends to kill you and make you miserable otherwise, this other guy came along to show you a better way, and to bridge a path Home for you where it will all end up making sense. All you gotta do is relax, and let go.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It is not intellectually dishonest to evaluate evidence. It is, however, intellectualy dishonest to believe something that has no tangible and logcial support.

Did you read the whole post? I don't think so.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Did you read the whole post? I don't think so.

Yes, I did. I'm getting to that.

Prove love? Love is one of the most overly broad and overly used terms in existence. Define what love of which you're speaking, and then we can evaluate evidence for that love. To throw out a general term like love with nothing else is not partucularly useful.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Love is one of the most overly broad and overly used terms

Define overly broad and overly used.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Define overly broad and overly used.

I'll show by example, consider one dictionary definition:

1 love           Listen to the pronunciation of 1love
    Pronunciation:
    \ ' l?v\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English leof dear, Latin lubere, libere to please
    Date:
    before 12th century
    1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b : an assurance of love <give her my love> 2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea> 3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1) : a beloved person :darling —often used as a term of endearment (2) British —used as an informal term of address 4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God 5 : a god or personification of love 6 : an amorous episode :love affair 7 : the sexual embrace :copulation 8 : a score of zero (as in tennis) 9 capitalizedChristian Science :god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit