What a mess here in Florida!

by restrangled 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

So far so good, we are in the middle of it now and we still have power. Will Keep you updated here at the Northern Command.

MTM

• restrangled
    restrangled

Momma...best wishes for full power and little damage....will be thinking of you....

take care,

r.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Restrangled,

I'm so sorry you have to put up with this. No, you can be prepared but never completely with this kind of thing. Relocating is such a huge job and expense that it can take years to be ready to do it.

I wish you dryer days ahead.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I am SOOOOOOOOO sick of rain!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Where I live we have received 10 inches of rain within the last 24 hours..... another 12 to 17 hours of the same are expected!, Some areas have gotten close to 30 inches. Its crazy...my pool is over flowing, pets won't go out....we're drowning!

Look at the bright side.

Maybe they'll finally let us wash our cars on other days than Wednesday and Saturday.

Rub a Dub

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Is God punishing Florida area with storms because America is killing the Muslims?......could be........the Tsunami was a Muslim punishment for 9/11????........or is it just weather?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Is God punishing Florida area with storms because America is killing the Muslims?......could be........the Tsunami was a Muslim punishment for 9/11????........or is it just weather? There are several possiblities I have heard of. Both oriiginating with conspirators and conspiritorialist. 1 globabl warming, very debateable, pros and cons on both side. 2 I heard a scientist several times on George Noorys Coast to Coast national late night broadcast put forth the theory that the Iranians are dragging the huricanes up the gulf with lazers to destroy the oil wells and oil production in America. This fellow is some kind of Scientist and he believes it. George has given him several hours on national radio to make his point. This would go along with God, Allah punishing America for theri dealings with muslims. I have lived in Florida since 81 and the Hurricanes have been more financailly and emotionally devastating in this new millenium. Much of Florida can not buy homeowners insurance any more at a reasonable rate. We have to get it from the state of Florida who has us all underinsured and protected. If none of the above is true or not, Pretty soon only the rich will be able to afford to live in Florida. You end up paying 9,000$ taxes a year on a 150,000$ home and 3,000$ a year in insurance. While you make 11$ an hour. The math doesnt add up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit