What a mess here in Florida!

by restrangled 46 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

We were flooded last year and our family this year. Just put things to right for the family. Red Cross and FEMA were a great help. Sorry to hear that Florida is going through similar things.

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes been watching on CNN -yall take care down there

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Pinellas county hasnt really been affected not much rain or wind, a little cloudy.

Thank God we dodged another bullet in Tampa Bay.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Where I live we have received 10 inches of rain within the last 24 hours..... another 12 to 17 hours of the same are expected!, Some areas have gotten close to 30 inches. Its crazy...my pool is over flowing, pets won't go out....we're drowning!

Awww. Poor baby. Want me to call the whaaaaaaaambulance?

I can't believe we haven't lost power yet!

Oh boy, now you jinxed it!

I live where the eye first hit Florida (Collier County). Been here my whole life. This is nothing. We needed the rain anyway after the droughts.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

God Burn that was heartless of you :( Have you ever been trapped in your own house with no potable water? Cant use the toilets because the water is flooding the septic? Cant get out of the neighborhood unless someone comes in a boat? Well I HAVE, I live in S. Florida near West Palm and it's frightening. On top of that the 3 hurricanes we had had weakened and then totally removed the shingles and paper off our roof, (and knocked down several huge trees into cars, fences and roofs), so the water was pouring down the INSIDE of the walls of the house. So please dont make fun of someone in this position. There is nothing anybody can do when a storm comes and plants itself like Fay has, churning up storm after storm and flooding everything.

Fay passed us and we dodged the bullet. We are thinking of you up there!

• magoo
    magoo

well...i'm in panama city beach,fl......nothing but clouds as of this morning. they are predicting the rain to start here this afternoon....thru the weekend. we'll see....

magoo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    God Burn that was heartless of you :( Have you ever been trapped in your own house with no potable water? Cant use the toilets because the water is flooding the septic? Cant get out of the neighborhood unless someone comes in a boat ? Well I HAVE, I live in S. Florida near West Palm and it's frightening . On top of that the 3 hurricanes we had had weakened and then totally removed the shingles and paper off our roof, (and knocked down several huge trees into cars, fences and roofs), so the water was pouring down the INSIDE of the walls of the house. So please dont make fun of someone in this position. There is nothing anybody can do when a storm comes and plants itself like Fay has, churning up storm after storm and flooding everything.

Please. If you have no potable water and food who's fault is that? If you have not prepared and have no way out of the neighborhood who's fault is that? If you buy a vulnerable house and fail to reinforce it who's fault is that? If you don't maintain backup power and cooling who's fault is that? If you live in an area prone to flooding and storm surge and don't build accordingly who's fault is that? There is plenty that can be done. This is a tropical storm. BFD This is hurricane central, you people come from up North knowing this and still completely unprepared and whine, whine, whine, about the weather and the bugs. Guess what, we didn't always have air conditioning down here and we did just fine. Give me a break.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

One of the workers installing air conditioning units outside my house in Pennsylvania just said, "They are concerned with gators and snakes in Florida right now. With that storm just sitting there dumping water and everything being free-flow right now, you could have a gator in your living room when you come home."

Just to let you know that people are interested in and concerned about your plight even as far away as PA.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Loves Dubs and AuldSoul, thanks for your concern. One half of our county is without power and the entire county was asked to limit water use because the pumping stations are down and they fear sewage back up.

Burn the Ships..... I'm glad that high horse you're sitting on is keeping you out of the water.

r.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn the Ships..... I'm glad that high horse you're sitting on is keeping you out of the water.

I hope you come through OK Restrangled. A little bit of suffering is good for the soul and keeps you tough!

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit