Why I will NEVER be an elder again

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

The Watchtower Society should get a clue.

Here in Texas, we have the FLDS ranch (recently it was raided as was shown on the news). They have the most effective means of controlling people.

Build a compound, put large fences around it, keep televisions and evil computers out, make the women dress in prairie looking long dresses, and of course, DENY THE CHILDREN EDUCATION.

Once that is done, you can convince them of anything. They will even give over their young girls to old men for their perverted pleasure and call it worshipping God.

Yes, the WT has a good start, but without the physical boundaries, you just don't have the utmost control. Of course, all that land surrounding Patterson, mmmmmmm........

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dont forget - I am not an elder. I was not at the Friday evening meeting with the CO and elders , I was merely repeating what the PO said to me on a shepherding call to me. He outlined some points that had been made. EDUCATION was discussed. I can not be 100% certain that it was verbatim from the outline or if it was verbal only or a combination of both with.without our particular COs spin.

When the PO told me wah thad been said and asked if I would reach out again, THEN I made my stand.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know how things are done in Malawi, but we don't let females, especially under 2 years old,
    know what was said in our elders meetings with the C.O.. (Just kidding)

I am proud that you heard this and took an instant stand. It felt good, didn't it? Keep doing so.

You go, [girl].

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope this sharply reduces the number of hounders. Less hounders, less work gets done. And less pushing to get those Waste of Paper Distribution Campaigns finished (like the upcoming one this fall, or the REJECT Jesus Party Invitations that were so far from completed). It also means fewer attendants to make sure things are going in an orderly fashion.

And yes, I am encouraging college. Except for those who are truly independent and creating value on their own or those who are in music or showbiz careers and doing fine without college, most people should at least take some college courses to further develop a trade. With our crap school system, high school simply isn't enough these days.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Time for a head count...how many current elders will this gem disqualify?

I thought they were short handed anyway?

Can you say "I shot my foot off." ?

Jeff

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thank you Jehovah.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I graduated hs in the 80's without knowing any algebra or how to write an essay. I graduated knowin how to read, do fractions, and how to write a paragraph. THAT'S ALL! My hs diploma means nothing. I ended up taking hs all over again in college as prerequisites for my real college classes.

• Open mind
    Open mind

sir82's cut and pasting:

I heard from 2 elders and 1 MS on separate occasions that this was delivered in the pep-talk the CO has with the elders & MS (normally Friday evening of the CO visit).
    I understand it isn't an instant removal for having children at college, but rather that it is not to be promoted. So an elder can send his kids to college, but if he weaves this into his next public talk then that's a no-no.
    At latest round of CO to Elders meeting, the CO quoted from the Society outline. Any elder or MS who encourages college for his kids or others or who allows his children to go to college will no longer qualify.

I'm betting that the kinder, gentler, weaselier version "A" is the reality.

The screws are tightening, but slowly.

I sure hope it's option "B", but IMO, that's too good to be true. Yet.

om

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I guess they really do realize that they can only hang onto the ones with no education and no internet access.

exactly. The internet coupled with free (independant) thinking can/will mean only one thing - recognizing the true nature of the FDS, ie: not Gods channel, and ultimately the educated free-thinker leaving "the truth".

I worked many years manual labour with little or not internet/computer access. Its easy to avoid "apostate" sites when your never on a comp. But as soon as I was in front of a comp all day long my curiousity got the best out me and BAM! My eyes were opened. Keep the R&F stupid, bored and uneducated and they will follow the WTS to their death.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I'm betting that the kinder, gentler, weaselier version "A" is the reality.

How many times did your read 'version A' or hear it from the platform... and had 'version b enfrorced when you tried to do it.

Every thing they ever say is a half a click off...always Plausible deniability is a way of life for those folks

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit