Why I will NEVER be an elder again

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Can you give us the setting? Was this a group of elders meeting with you or a
    more public setting? What was happening to make him say that?

Assuming this is going to be general counsel throughout JW land, it will have
    many elders and MS's encouraging their kids to leave home for school and
    tell nobody. They will say they are doing it on their own, then they will try to
    get them back to the KH.

IMHO: This is panic-mode. There aren't enough young ones to pass the
    buckets on a sinking ship. It's only a matter of time. A matter of time.

• llbh
    llbh

Well done Stilla for sticking to your principles .

I am like really for a good education

David

• DisconnectingDrone
    DisconnectingDrone

I heard from 2 elders and 1 MS on separate occasions that this was delivered in the pep-talk the CO has with the elders & MS (normally Friday evening of the CO visit).
    I understand it isn't an instant removal for having children at college, but rather that it is not to be promoted. So an elder can send his kids to college, but if he weaves this into his next public talk then that's a no-no.
    He is also to refrain from comments such as:
    "my Obadiah is doing really well at College, they think he'll be accepted for Oxford or Cambridge, etc."
    "I spoke to Jethro the other day and he says college isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be."
    I think the bottom line is the elder will be deleted (always makes me laugh that term!) if the CO or another back-stabbing elder hears a R&F say "my Habbakuk is off to college, as Elder DeepPoo says it's a good idea".

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

This level of insanity is what convinces me it is not an unethical or impolite "attack on ones beliefs" to engage in theocratic warfare with this borg-anization. Pure evil that wants to consume us all.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Was this at the same CO visit where they hammer Higher Ed in one of the talks to the congo?

YES

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    So there you have it folks. I will never be an elder again as I am a passionate believer in higher education.

And also a passionate believer in a lot of non-watchtower thinking I surmise. Therefore your decision is apropos IMO.

Anyone have a scan of that outline - that would be a coup.

Jeff

• chickpea
    chickpea

guess they will have to start putting out
    bi-monthly editions of the AWAKE rag then....
    those kids have to get their edjamikation somewhere!!!

pardon me ... Puking

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    I understand it isn't an instant removal for having children at college, but rather that it is not to be promoted. So an elder can send his kids to college, but if he weaves this into his next public talk then that's a no-no.

This sounds different from the original post made by Stilla.I wonder if the ones who were relaying the information in the above quote were trying to water things down ?

From what's been said so far it definitely sounds like they don't even want an Elder or MS to even allow their kids to attend college.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

It was just a matter of time before this happened. Actually, I'm surprised they waited this long. The recent crackdown on "higher education" has been going on for what about 4 years? Maybe that was the grace period for serving elders/ms to allow them to graduate.

This actually explains the tirade the WT conductor went on Sunday when the paragraph bashing college was read. He was very adamant about it being WRONG to promote or allow your kids to go to college. His comments were much strong than the propaganda information in the WT and we had a CO visit only a few weeks before.

I guess that does it for me since I'm currently working on a Bachelor's degree (that I started while still an elder).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know it takes awhile, but in honor of this type of crap from WTS,
    my temporary avatar will be:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit