Why I will NEVER be an elder again

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

I'd be interested to see the letter that states that policy.

• shamus100
    shamus100
    I'm working hard from inside to help some loved ones out of this cult, but don't know how much longer anyone can listen to this insanity.

Sadly, most times it doesn't work. You will just be branded an apostate.

So one can find happiness from focusing on congregational activities eh.... BULLSHIT. I think everyone reading this will agree that congregational activities do nothing more than wear people down. The only reason why there are so many 'witnesses' is because they will be shunned by everyone they know - not because of they're 'love' for Jehovah. Take away shunning, and let me tell you there numbers would drop drastically overnight.

There are tons of bottom feeders hidden away in the witness religion that go to meetings regularly - if people spend time with them, they either become bottom feeders themselves or get depressed - and hopefully leave.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

By the way , it is the Kansas City District Convention tomorrow. I will post a review for you all. I am sure higher education will get hammered again

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ex:

it is the Kansas City District Convention tomorrow

I went to a DC at Kemper a few years ago... back when they first got the venue...still same place? ..i went a day early to help the landscape crew provide free labor.....

wasnt even my assigned DC....

::sigh:::

SnakesInTheTower (of the "doesnt miss being free labor for the Borg" Sheep Class)

• lancelink
    lancelink

As John belushi stated so eloquently
    was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

This type of intelligence is what the wtbts is quickly accepting as normal.

remember : when the going get tough ,,,,,,

the tough get going

who's with me !

• Vinny
    Vinny

Original Post Said:..."Any elder or MS who encourages college for his kids or others ((((or who allows his children to go to college)))) will no longer qualify."

***** Sorry, but I am not buying it. I think you are full of bologna.

Your opening post said:.. "At latest round of CO to Elders meeting, the CO quoted from the Society outline."

But then, many comments later ON PAGE FOUR, you backtrack and say,..."Dont forget - I am not an elder. I was not at the Friday evening meeting with the CO and elders , (((I was merely repeating what the PO said to me on a shepherding call to me"))).

Big difference, don't you think?

I have known in the past, and know of many JW children today that went to/go to college and absolutely nothing happened to their elder father. In fact some college for training is even even considered a commendable thing. I've seen this in print. I was an elder when my son went to a community college for automotive training. Nothing even remotely came up due to this. Nor would it come up today.

The JW's do discourage education most of the time, especially on-campus university educations, and have done so for as long as I know they've existed. And the have more holes in their 100 + year historical record than SWISS CHEESE. They arrogantly and presumptuously believe that they alone are true Christians and that God has selected them exclusively. Only the facts say God has never been behind any of it.

They have the absolute worst policy today of any religion with their sorry no blood transfusions (even if death is imminent), but blood fractions are okay to use.... though you cannot donate any blood, or use your own blood... but can use hemopure (cows blood).... pathetic policy.

And I can go on for pages of other WT Society embarrassments.

But if you want to start a post stating that, "ANY ELDER OR MS WHO ENCOURAGES COLLEGE FOR HIS KIDS (((OR WHO ALLOWS HIS CHILDREN TO GO TO COLLEGE WILL NO LONGER QUALIFY))))", then you'd better show us the money, IN PRINT.

Because up to now there is NO BEEF AT ALL. Just a few measly opinions lacking any substance.

I can guaranty you that an elder's kids going to some kind of college will not disqualify them as servants in the congo.

You should think more before posting this kind of nonsense. And state up front just how it was presented, rather than on page four.

Your initial post was misleading.

You should know better.

Have a good one,

Vinny

• Mary
    Mary
    gee I don't see anything there that says in order to be an elder, you cannot encourage your children to get a good education.......Isn't that 'going beyond what is written'???
    sir 82 said: Mary, Mary, Mary...apparently you weren't paying attention at Sunday's Watchtower study! Right there, in the 4/15 Watchtower, 1st study article, it says that "elders do not go beyond the things written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the written direction from the "Faithful & Discreet Slave'." So you see, the letters to the Bodies of Elders are on par with the Bible!

I see.........thank you for pointing that out sir 82. Surely this is evident that Jehovah is blessing your efforts.

I'm rather concerned about your spirituality, sister....perhaps you are allowing Satanic propaganda to influence you...obviously, the solution is to pray, study, and attend more meetings.

You're right sir82......I've allowed a place for Satan to enter, and given my spiritually weak position, it is no wonder that he has blinded the eyes of the unbelievers. I've been waiting for Brother Nvrgnbk to encourage me, all the more so as we behold the Day drawing near. His constant reminders of how close we are to the End of this wicked System of Things and the fact that we will rejoice to see 99.9% of the world's population destroyed, was always a source of encouragement to me. But I hear he's become a missionary in Zimbawee, starting several bible studies with people starving to death. Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is blessing his organization!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Vinny - opening post states

So the PO confirmed what many on this board already know. At latest round of CO to Elders meeting, the CO --

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Me thinks Vinny didnt bother to read the posts AFTER the initial one which confirm what was said from elders who heard the SAME information first hand.

He who speaks before hearing is a.....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary

It seems you have allowed worldly thinking to cloud your view of the bounteous feast Jehovah provides for us...

Umm yes I am only kidding but think i got myself sick here. Puke!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit