Why I will NEVER be an elder again

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

I did not go to college because of the witness doctrine. Now I'm pushing 59 and fairly poor. Which is ok, however, I would have loved to had a degree in something I wanted to do. 148 I.Q. waisted.

• stillajwexelder
  • Vinny
    Vinny

Sorry for the long delay, but moving is a PAIN!

Once again I believe that stillajwexelder wrongly stated:

"Any elder or MS who encourages college for his kids or others or who (((allows))) his children to go to college will no longer qualify."

**** I have read other threads on this and found this statement still to be untrue.

It is true that if a JW elder (((PROMOTES))) JW's going to college, he may be disqualified from serving. But this is nothing new anyway.

However if a JW elder simply "allows" his son or daughter to go to any kind of college, he will not automatically be disqualified, as stillajwexelder originally stated.

An elder's child can go to college, even now, and both suffer no repercussions at all.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Vinny, WRONG. Never before has it been absolutely clear that an elder could lose his privileges for advocating college. I know of more than a few elders who will be in trouble now if they continue to say what they've said in the past regarding going to college. It IS something new; you're out of touch if you think it isn't.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Daniel says:..."Vinny, WRONG. Never before has it been absolutely clear that an elder could lose his privileges for advocating college.

There, hopefully you will see it this time.

But my point is that when stillajwexelder said this: "(((ANY))) elder or MS who encourages college for his kids or others or who (((allows))) his children to go to college will no longer qualify."

That he was misleading the reader.

It would help if you read what I wrote before replying. Don't you think?

Either way, it's still wrong what they are doing and the JW's are a sinking ship, IMO.

But "ANY" elder that even "ALLOWS" his kid to go to college is not automatically disqualified as stillajeexelder wrote.

It's as simple as that.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Vinny, I'm saying that your assertion that it's always been policy to remove elders due to their advocating college is wrong. And yes, I read what you wrote, that's why I'm replying to it. Don't be a moron.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Daniel whines:..."Vinny, I'm saying that your assertion that it's always been policy to remove elders due to their advocating college is wrong. And yes, I read what you wrote, that's why I'm replying to it. Don't be a moron."

If the WT Society has always discouraged college throughout most of its existence, then what do you think happened to an elder that came along and PROMOTED COLLEGE?

Even a "moron" can figure the answer to that one Dannyboy.

: )

You gotta love folks like this. Hey Danny, try some Ginko, it might help you out a bit.

Vinny

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

An elder can advocate college to young ones in the hall contemplating their future. In fact, my brother-in-law was just encouraged to consider college by his presiding overseer. This is done on a personal level and doesn't mean the elder is preaching it from the podium. You need to get yourself under control and stop being an idiot. This directive is both new and weighty in its implication. If you refuse to see that, then I have nothing else to say.

• sir82
    sir82

Get a room already, you two!

• Vinny
    Vinny

Dannyboy says:..."An elder can advocate college to young ones in the hall contemplating their future. In fact, my brother-in-law was just encouraged to consider college by his presiding overseer. This is done on a personal level and doesn't mean the elder is preaching it from the podium."

And, if what you just wrote were true then it would full supports everything I have said above; that stillajeexelder's post was erroneous in generalizing that all servants who encourage college today, or who even allow their kids to go to college are automatically disqualified. Which is total bologna.

But your assumption that coming from, "the podium" is what determines promoting education is out in left field.

The WT Society has removed brothers that promoted college education before this new letter came out.

Like I said before, they are clamping down even more.

And like I said before (and many times now), stillaexjwelder was wrong in his generic "all servants are disqualified by encouraging or allowing kids to go to college" nonsense.

Now Dannyboy, you can continue on with your makes no sense approach, or you can follow your own advice and improve your contribution on this thread by "having nothing else to say".

All the best,

Vinny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit