Class Suit Against the Watchtower -- Anyone?

by Dogaradodya 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I find this subject titillating. With two of my sons forced into shundom (my word) I am for virtually anything that would get them out of their enslavement.

That said, I think that “Justice for None”, the book by deerskin-cloaked attorney Gerry Spence, speaks volumes. In brief, he demonstrates that real justice is actually never accomplished in a U.S. court of law; that winning in a U.S. court is highly dependent in how deep the pockets are of either side. To back his argument, he cites case after case. Without naming one, we all know of the case of the century where a defendant was able to finance his defense with some $10 million and now walks and golfs freely.

Knowing that, I naively look for one day where some person, or group, with a good strategy, some valid arguments, and above all -- extremely deep pockets of money – will challenge the WTBTS. I look for this day when the challenge will finally see the inside of a U.S. courtroom and not the cowardly private arena of settlements we see them make with child abuse victims, victims that will forever be required to wear masks of gagged silence.

Who knows what those arguments will actually entail? How many arguments will be presented?

Will one of them be the slander a parent suffers when his child is told by some outsider –an elder – that because his parent no longer subscribes to Watchtower teachings he is an evil parent and wicked and sinful and the child should avoid contact with that evil parent at all costs? Can the WT member of the two parents usurp the authoritarian role, join forces with some outsiders (the elders) in order to engage in a type of psychological battle for the child and against the other parent?

In some case such sanctioned family shunning has been enforced for more than a quarter of a century – just ask me and I’ll tell you. Could it be that such an organization could be held liable for the hatred which is inspired inside this child toward this parent? There are Hate Crime laws today championed by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) but they vary by state. If there is any such thing as a hate crime today, does such inciting and hateful, prodding behavior not fall into that category?

Will one of them be when some baptized member of this cult decides that the contractual conditions of his baptism indeed changed in 1985 at a time when loyalty would not only then be required to God (the original contract) but now also to an organization of men? Yes, the contract changed but was this member offered an opportunity to back out with no threat of imposed sanctions? Was he even informed?

Will they be when some baptized member decides that he never was allotted the full disclosure of this cult’s historically cartoonish teachings -- the miracle wheat; the pyramidology; that evil aluminum cookware; those teaching flip-flops on subjects like “who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave”, the Superior Authorities, the military service impropriety, that San Diego home for resurrected leaders, those wicked medicinal vaccinations, the avoidance of higher education, the 1914 generation -- truly cartoonish, all of them and more. But none as despicable as the certifiable trail of failed prophetic dates.

Will they be when freedom of religion and freedom of speech finally no longer mask the belittlement and defamation of character which, with one phrase -- “John Doe is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” – brings? And with that single statement, ostracization from loved ones, friends, and most important – family members begins and lasts indefinitely, forever fracturing some of humanity’s most sacred and treasured unions.

I know, you don’t have to tell me -- I’m naïve.

Len Miller

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Whoever does this has alot of work cut out for them, that's for sure.

Maybe there is a way that can be proven to the courts that they have lied over the years, show the actual proof, and maybe just maybe some judge or jury will see it for what it is.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Wha happened?, don't worry, this thread will die. Just like the one from Oct died in 3 days. This issue is brought up every few months on the board and all of the same posters who support the idea respond to it. There has yet to be a class action suit filed by these posters or, to my knowledge, even an attorney contacted in the matter. All bark and no bite...all complaining and no action...all qualities of bitterness and anger w/ no motivation of healing.

Just stop opening the thread...I am.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I may have a loud bark, but the bite is there also. Im determined to see this through, but it isnt anything that will happen overnight. There is alot of groundwork to be laid just yet.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

This is an interesting article that shows how a lawsuit was won by an ex-cult member. It can be done ....

http://www.icsahome.com/infoserv_articles/levy_lawrence_prosecuting_exmember_suit.htm

PS...I don't know how to link these things but it is the internation cultic studies association -

Prosecuting an Ex-Cult Member's Undue Influence Suit

Lawrence Levy, J.D.

sammieswife.

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

I just would like to share with all of you out there this sound-track for tonight: Mozart Piano Concerto No. 13 as performed by Mitsuko Uchida on YouTube from jasonhsu. I can't post controversial issues anyway. (?) This is my personal favorite ever since I heard it when I was seven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit