OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

I agree with metaspy. It's a big deal to those who are awake, but the sleepers wont think about it twice. More good food at the proper time from the Faithful and Discreet slave, always protecting the flock from the evil slave, and the ferocious lion that is Satan the Devil.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    My brother, who has already seen the box, said "people have time to write their own books?!?"

That is exactly what I expect the general reaction to be.

• metaspy
    metaspy

It will be probably a couple weeks before the average JW gets their copy.
    I stole mine straight out of the box before the PO could get them.
    He usually waits a week or so before giving them to the bookstudy overseers.

the point I am trying to make is: your family may not have the KM yet
    Pawing through their bags may make them a little suspicious to you dropping the bomb.
    Perhaps bringing up the subject and getting their opinion before hand may prove more useful.

• BFD
    BFD

Unfortunately, it's only HUGE for those whose blinders have been removed.

Pathetic! I hope I'm wrong.

BFD

(((changeling)))

• JeffT
    JeffT

They need to put a basket at the front door of the KH with a sign: "leave brain here."

If they'd started this about 35 years ago, I never would have been a dub in the first place.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, there is already a policy re this in place since 1980 when Ray Franz was asked to leave Bethel and Dunlap and the Sanchezes were df'd (Bethelites). All informal WT pre-studies were cancelled in all congregations; those who did not adhere lost privileges and some were df'd.

• blondie
    blondie

w829/1pp.18-19pars.6-7"BelovedOnes,...KeepYourselvesinGod’sLove"***

Whereas God, by his spirit, assured the unity of those loving him, those ungodly ridiculers tried to "make separations," or "distinctions," endeavoring to carry on a separating work among Jehovah’s people. (Jude 19, NewWorldTranslation, 1950 edition, footnote; Psalm 133:1-3; 1 Corinthians 1:10) Although the ridiculers spoke against faithful responsible men in the congregation, the ungodly ones expressed admiration for individuals who could benefit them. (Jude 8, 16) Like the Pharisees, they looked down on the humble, godly members of the congregation. Rather than gathering with the Lord, they tried to scatter. Even today some try to draw the unsteady away into private groups, supposedly for "Bible study." This could never promote love for God, Christ and the Christian congregation.—Luke 11:23.

Those men were fittingly termed "animalistic," or "soulical," for they were sentient creatures yielding to fleshly sensations, appetites and inclinations. (Compare KingdomInterlinearTranslation, verse 19.) Although they considered themselves spiritually enlightened, Jude described them as "not having spirituality," or, literally, not having "the spirit." Actually, those "animalistic men" lacked Jehovah’s spirit, could not comprehend spiritual matters and scarcely rose above the level of unreasoning beasts. If we have Jehovah’s spirit and understand "the deep things of God," we should be deeply grateful to our heavenly Father.—1 Corinthians 2:6-16.
  • metaspy
    metaspy

So, this isn't a new subject???
    How did I miss this? I had always been told to do a lot of research and prove what I knew.
    I would go to encyclopedias and other references because I liked it when I could point to something other than the society.
    We also would use the encyclopedias during family study - I guess that was a no-no.

• changeling
    changeling

Blondie: you are right. I remember that well. But this goes way beyond. They actually say research is a waste of time. They actually say that if you do want to research to use their publications. That's the beauty of this. People are more sophisticated now. We live in the "information age". This will not sit well with intelligent people. This is blatant and undisguised mind control!

changeling

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

For those who prefer it in Word format for easier copying:

Q UESTION B OX

• Does "the faithful and discreet slave" endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?–Matt. 24:45, 47.

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.

Throughout the earth, Jehovah's people are receiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah's organization. Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and remain "stabilized in the faith." (1 Cor. 1:10; Col. 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah's spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.–Matt. 24:45-47.

It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news. However, no personal pursuit should detract from what Jesus Christ is accomplishing through his congregation on earth today. In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as "genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith." (1 Tim. 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to "shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile."–Titus 3:9.

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be "filled with the accurate knowledge of [God's] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God."–Col. 1:9, 10.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit