Information Release

by JWD Temp 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I can't imagine that setting a canary trap in a forest would catch all the canaries would it?

Jeff

• 5go
    5go

Well well well. Simple to over come just get two copies from diffrent region or purposely get one from region x to cover that your in region y.

Though this would not tell them squat I think it is bogus. Even if they did do this it might tell them which congregation you are in that is it. Sending a bogus letter to be read as an annoucement would be faster. Then you would know if it was an elder or just a rank and file type by the timing. Send the letter way out ahead if it comes out before time it's an elder, if not it's a rank and file.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Publicly distributed literature..???..That only leaves 6 billion suspects..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

For the first time in my life I find myself agreeing with slimboyfat. Someone check my temperature.

GBL

• 5go
    5go
    It is actually standard tradecraft for an intelligence agency trying to catch a mole.

It was used on Ames in the CIA, and on Hanssen in the FBI.

And teenage girls use it, too. "Well, you were the only one I told that part to, Jennifer!!!"

FYI Ames was outed by his lifestyle. He was living way beyond his means. Which is the most effective way of weeding out apostates or spies for that matter. In fact I think the IRS busted ames first then he talked. One of the problems in tracking a mole with a info plant is the probality that he might know what the planted info is and just not use it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Starting the rumour on the internet is cheaper and more effective than actually playing the trick... (oh boy, you mean even paranoids can't be trusted?!)

Seriously, what is at stake except the risk, for a few people that have already decided to leave the organisation and are not content with quietly fading, to be "unmasked" and df'd a bit sooner than they had planned to? Will the WTBTS sue the "leaks," at the risk of making what it tried to hide even more public?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This was one of the reasons I was always leary of posting BOE letters myself. They could make slight changes in wording by region and have an idea of problem areas. It was prolly just my paranoia but I did worry about it myself.

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

Maybe by catching a few traitors, the R&F witness will see them as a wise slave.

Also, the angels are helping this wise slave to clean out the organization before the end comes.

It may make the R&F dig in deeper.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

There's no possible way that this could be implemented. Think about it, there are almost 100,000 congregations worldwide. The society would have to think of 100,000 ways to say the same thing in their letters to the bodies of elders worldwide in order to have each letter be distinct. How many man hours would that require? And they would have to do the same thing for every single letter that gets sent out.

Even if the society decided to follow through with this, how would you determine which elder leaked the information? Couldn't the elders simply deny having done it or claim that the letter was stolen from the congregation archives. The foul odor coming from that rumor is suffocating. I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

"FYI Ames was outed by his lifestyle. He was living way beyond his means. Which is the most effective way of weeding out apostates or spies for that matter. In fact I think the IRS busted ames first then he talked."

While it is true he was entertaining mistresses, etc., the IRS didn't say anything to him. It was the FBI who took over the investigation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldrich_Ames

The lifestyle can get them under suspicion. The bait is what gets the arrest warrant and conviction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit