Why My Wife and I Have No Kids

by JT 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Alive!
    Alive!

We're nearly 60.

No kids.

The watchtower shaped our thinking.

It bites now - every single day.

No family memories..... Just memories built with other people's JW kids who will never be part of our lives now, because we don't belong to the same programme.

• Sabin
    Sabin

you can adopt me if you like, I don't have any parents, they didn't want me. So you see having parents isn't all its cracked up to be. Don't be sad, smile.big hug.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This is heartbreaking. I'm thankful I was too strong willed to listen to the society about this subject. I kept having babies, couldn't pioneer (oh, darn!) I'm really sorry so many others tried their best to obey the admonitions, and now have no children. And you guys here are the best types of principled people who SHOULD really reproduce. I hope something happens at some point in your lives that makes you feel at peace with this.

• sherrie11
    sherrie11
    I agree Faye, my heart really breaks over this .
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Well I'll tell you alive.! I have memories with my daughters I would not wish on anyone what after all you have been through. you should rejoice! LOL! Take Care! One thing that god or his demons Can't take from anyone is our self respect.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes I have a sister and brother who can't have children. I know for one it's a medical problem and I think it probably is for both of them. Not only did this horrible cult strongly discourage having children when we were all young but it also forbade IVF because they said you can't discard any unused embryos, that would be murder. I believe they've changed this now to a conscience matter. Too late for my poor sister and sister-in-law!

So they were stopped from doing anything about their childlessness and told to wait for the new system. My heart breaks for them. How evil to do this to people. All our human needs they mercilessly ripped away. Are they all psychopaths in Brooklyn, incapable of empathy?

• Splash
    Splash

What is shaping the current thinking in a similar, life changing way?

1. Sisters should only marry worthy men, as determined by their being an MS or higher.

2. Blood transfusion bans are still taking lives of partners, children, parents.

3. Shunning is stopping children having a relationship with their families.

In another 25 years time when these restrictions are laughed at for being old light, there will be old, single sisters who passed up opportunities for happiness, distraught ones who needlessly lost those close to them, and ageing parents who have no children or grand children to care for them because they were cut off decades ago.

Yet the GB will be fine, and it will be 'the witnesses' who read too much into things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit