Who wants to see this year's DC invitation?

by sir82 61 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf
    The leaflet is a sales pitchfor the book at the bottom of the page - that is the real product they offer - and of course they will now know where you are and call

Good Lowered, they are so clever, aren't they?

~round of applause for TED~

sKally

• Borgia
    Borgia

Was not the OT written to the annointed only?

Then why go at all?

Cheers

Borgia

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Dont laugh about the VISA cards...... I was at a European convention last year...and yes, they had credit card machines! Lots of the little concession carts normally used to hawk food? Brudders and Sistuhs busily lining up to empty their bank accounts (or add to their debt) with their little plastic cards in hand. At the time I was impressed...now...depressed..fleecing the flock continues unabated.

As for the track tract work (i caught that stillajwexelder) , I refuse to participate anymore. I ran 5,000 of those damn things through my laser printer last year (finished off the printer too...) so they would not have tacky labels attached. This year I noticed they left a special area highlighted for the labels. I ought to take my allotment and feed them to the shredder (tip of the cap to nosferatu ) and then recycle them properly You do properly recycle your 'Towers don't you? Shredded, they make great mulch!

However, I am afraid of the earthworms converting to the Troof though...so far all they convert it to...well you know...castings.... ahem.

Nowadays, I just turn in bogus time slips so as to not to stand out. 5 hours? "oh, he must be depressed, or working, or something) (easy to do now that I am in a huge congo. where only a few know me). Tract work....."fuggettaboudit". I am too busy working knocking on doors making money for my favorite charity (me).....

SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep class)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

mkr32208 First I think if you try fake addresses it wont work (great idea though). Second, the Borg will not mail the book from Crooklyn or The Farm.... (thus defeating the purpose of bankrupting the Borg via postage)...you guessed it, they will send one of those silly yellow "Follow Up Interest" slips to the local congo and the local dubs (or more likely the zealous pioneers) will indeed follow up to each and every address with a book and wasting their gas. But maybe you could still do it with real addresses and names and annoy the crap out of the local dubs until they catch on...(also annoying the neighbors whom you so kindly recommended a visit for)

That's right kids, the FDS has business savvy people running the WTBT$ now!.. Corporate America take notes....pass on all the costs to the local dubs...not just book donations, but gas to get it there, tracts instead of mags or books, pay for health insurance, car insurance for the co with a resolution separate from the regular WWW slush fund.... Why not just send a damn invoice?...oh yeah...they are a non profit Borg.....they have to "Suggest" a per capita amount, which the local elders are going to rubber stamp, and the R&F are going to OK either unanimously or at least all yes and some obstainers..... see what y'all did? ya got me started about the money thing.

...calm down now....thats better mr. snake...dont stray too far off the thread.

As for the dramas at last years convention. I seen it twice, once in the States and once in Europe. The drama last year was full costume. they even had real flames shooting out of the altar as it broke open at the one in the states... It was kinda cool (for a dub Drama that is) (I wonder if they cleared that effect with the local fire marshal?...hmmmm...probably not...the second week there was only smoke... I was told it was technical problems... but really probably the local Fire Marshal took issue with week one)

SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep class)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..A Lip Sync`d Drama..My,how exciting..I`d rather watch paint dry..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

Oh the boringness of the conventions, I thought I would be smart and at one of my last conventions I always sat in a carefully selected place so no one could look over my shoulder, and pretended to take notes in a notebook that was hiding a paperback I was reading. I thought it would be nice to tune out and have a nice relaxing weekend. But guess what! even though I was reading a scifi book that totally had my attention I found that I was also at the same time paying better attention to the lameo program than I ever had before, I could summarize every talk, I remembered every experience every crazed missionary gave, I caught it all. It was so annoying that by the second afternoon I gave up and just slept as usual.

Love and Laughter,

Lunamoth

• Mary
    Mary

OK, Bethel contacted me and asked me to re-vamp the invitation to the summer ASSembly this year. AK-Jeff, I jes know where this is going to end up. So this is it:

Assembly.gif

AssemblyInvite2.jpg

So! How many here will be attending?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You - Mary my dear - have made my day. What a hoot!

I shall see what I can do about getting one or two into immediate circulation. I don't go door to door anymore - but I shall leave a copy for my 'Brethren in the Loo Lord' at the Local Kingdom Hall.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary

Don't forget to count that as a Return Visit on your Field Service Report.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mary dear Mary!!!! You are the best. I would love to get a hundred of your DC invite ...I would go door to door to distribute them....Clever girl.

The WT will contact you I am sure ....
    But of course it is only their DC they want passed out

http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?129fs4294568.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit