Who wants to see this year's DC invitation?

by sir82 61 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are out there distributing the Memorial Invitation now. I remember when they arrived at the Kingdom Hall,
    they put the unopened boxes out on the counter. This was so that everyone would wonder what was in them,
    and those that guessed would wonder what they looked like.

C'mon. What kind of excitement do they have in life if the look of a new flyer can get them wound up?

I am anxious to learn the changes in the new Memorial outline, but I know I will be let down when it's no big
    deal. Same with the DC invites. I saw last years, I was still a JW elder, I distributed them. No big deal.

I mainly look forward to how you guys will change the invitation and comment on it.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Well, what could possibly be 'brand-new'

I know!

An Annointed 'coming out' session? (To replace the increasingly superfluous baptism talk)

An 'Apology for all our mistakes' talk?

The Society are going to give money back to the brothers?

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I do!! You've got a PM from me :)

• mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

Can some one please host them

Many Thanks

• Atlantis
  • mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

Thanks for that

TEASER: There are some brand-new, unprecedented features to this year's DC! - what are they ?

• TopHat
    TopHat

Mary, Where's Mary

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

An "audio drama"? Like an old radio series? I can see that the society is keeping up with 1920's technology.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thanks sir82 & Atlantis for making this available.

I was wondering if the aux. pioneer who dropped off my Memorial invite printed up the labels herself at her own expense, or if the congo did so?

Now I know.

I don't have a problem with the WT setting up a volume discount with OfficeMax; it makes perfect business sense.

I'm just glad they're not imposing the trouble and expense on individual publishers, who may errantly and independently use a snappy typeface or add a "praise the Lord, Christ our King."

OTWO said: I mainly look forward to how you guys will change the invitation and comment on it.

Me too!

~Sue

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

That location on the back looks familiar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit