Who wants to see this year's DC invitation?

by sir82 61 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah uses OfficeMax?

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Jehovah uses OfficeMax?

Now that's an endorsement! It doesn't get any bigger than that.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Hey, how come Jesus gets to wear a beard and the brothers can't?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Their Jesus always looks so American too me. Anyone else notice that. He looks like someone who could live on our street and not someone from the middle east.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The first thing that JUMPS out at me is the use of the JW codeword "the Christ."

To the average person on the street, this is just an archaic way of refering to Jesus, but to those familiar with the JW mystery doctrine, "the Christ" means a collection of 144,001 individuals.

"Christ the Head" is Jesus, but

"Christ the body" is the entire "bride class of 144,000.

In its most recent twisting, it means the GOVERNING BODY.

This is "the Christ" of the Watchtower: the bOrg leadership.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Interesting to see how the WTS is trying some lame 'audio drama' to get people to show up on friday. Maybe next year it will be 'free cookie friday'. I'm sure that would work better.

-Drew

• Zico
    Zico

The invite makes them appear quite mainstream. It also seems to suggest a New Testament focus for a change. I'd like to see some talks on love, they never have talks about love.

• undercover
    undercover

What the hell is a "sound drama"? Like an old time radio show? "Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? JEEHOOVAHHHH knows!"

Their Jesus always looks so American too me. Anyone else notice that. He looks like someone who could live on our street and not someone from the middle east.

That was the first thing that I thought when I saw the cover. Actually my exact thought was, 'Jesus doesn't look too Jewish...he looks like an ad for toothpaste or hair gel'.

• Mary
    Mary

I plan on having some fun doctoring this 'invitation' when I get home tonight.......heh-heh-heh........

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Three things stand out to me.

1. The tract is only a leaflet - they are saving money by using only two sides of one sheet.
    2. Who in their right mind believes that anyone contacted in the territory is going to go? For most congregations it is several hours travel to get to the convention site, with multiple days overnight in a 'society approved' hotel room. Maybe in the actual area of the site some might come, but otherwise this work is intended to keep the Jw's busy and nothing more.
    3. The leaflet is a sales pitch for the book at the bottom of the page - that is the real product they offer - and of course they will now know where you are and call endlessly to begin a bible study. They don't deliver by mail - the use Jw Freegas Express to cut costs.

Jeff

Me wonders if this latest trend of 'tract work' has the goal of keeping Jw's from giving away literature? The householder has to show real interest in the product to send in the request, and so the publishers are not just out giving stuff away to pass the time. It might increase RV's too - and a good report is all they really ever wanted from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit