BREAKING NEWS: 16:.02: FOSTER MOTHER GUILTY OF ABUSE

by fokyc 101 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    She probably didn't report anything to the authorities for the same reasons I never went to them. When you're raised in an atmosphere like that, you're led to believe that it's quite normal. Not only that, you're threatened with worse abuse if you even think of telling somebody about what's going on. That's what happened to me.

Ditto for Danny and if you remain in the troof you are taught that nothing matters as the new system is gonna be here any day Jehovah gonna fix it all

Their classic subterfuge slogan EVERYTHING IS JUST TEMPORARY

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Obviously, I don't have all the facts. But it seems that either way, the WT will burn for this, at least in public opinion.

If the elders were doing their job, and were psychologically competent, they should have been visiting the family at least often enough to notice SOMETHING wrong with the situation. After all, they continue to claim that they can solve ANY problem, even those that require educated professionals, which we know they are NOT.

If the situation slipped through the cracks, then the elders were NOT doing their job. There might be excuses provided from both sides how something like this could go unnoticed, but in my book, it is a blow to the elders' constant claims that they are such qualified "counselors" and that no JW should need "worldly" assistance.

We can all cry for the victims, and many no doubt have, but at least this incident will provide much bad PR for the WT. Along with the child abuse cases, family murders, and suicides, this can only harm them further. And I'm sure we will see more of this type of nonsense in the near future. I pity all the victims.

• badboy
    badboy

PERHAPS A MILLION PEOPLE HAVE READ ABOUT IT IN NEWSPAPER ARTICLES.

what an impression itsgoing to make!

• Gordy
    Gordy

Agreed that any individual could behave in such a way. We have seen similar cases in the past.

Having seen todays papers on the subject they have all said she was a "devout Jehovah's Witness".

To the JW's this will be seen as "bad publicity".

I received an e-mail today from an exJW who asked his JW parents about it. Their attitude is that the woman could not possibly be a JW and that the "media" have made a mistake.

Its a bit like the paedophile issue. They will deny such persons exist within the organisation.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    ...but if this woman was a "devout" JW and was an active member of the congregation, how, in all those years, did not someone notice that something wasn't right about her and her foster children?

This may be a little like my story (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/129553/1.ashx) where all kinds of things go on in secret. The stupid, gullible dubs who only care about meetings and service never see the problem.

tsof

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Poor children when natural parents sexually abuse them and then perhaps wind up in Foster care with a nut like this.

I would like to know more about this crazy woman's involvement in the cong. Any more info? Did the kids go to meetings? Did she go out in service, etc.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

It was all in the name of God
    The Sun, UK - 35 minutes ago
    Fanatical Jehovah's Witness Eunice Spry, 62, believed the two girls and a boy were possessed by the Devil and wanted to "purify" them. ...

AN evil foster mother was yesterday convicted of horrifically abusing three children -- to raise them "in accordance with her faith".

Fanatical Jehovah's Witness Eunice Spry, 62, believed the two girls and a boy were possessed by the Devil and wanted to "purify" them.

She beat them with sticks and metal bars, forced them to drink bleach and eat their own vomit and faeces, and starved them naked in a locked room for a month.

She also kicked them, pushed sticks down their throats, strangled them, forced their hands on a hot cooker and rubbed their faces with sandpaper, a court was told.

The kids were banned from listening to pop or wearing trendy clothes -- and were punished if found with sweets or music mags.

One punishment saw the trio, identified only as Victims A, B and C, forced to stay totally still for long periods. If they moved they would be beaten as a further deterrent.

The abuse went undetected for almost 20 years as Spry pulled the youngsters out of school and taught them at her two rat-infested homes in Tewkesbury, Gloucs.

Council inspectors also failed to spot the horror despite regularly visiting to check on the kids' education.

But it finally came to light in December 2004, when Victim A -- one of the two girls -- ran away from home.

Victim B and Victim C, the boy, made statements to police and Spry, estranged from her second husband, was arrested in February 2005.
    Doctors called the kids' injuries "extraordinary". They also had depression. Both girls had attempted suicide.

Spry, described as chilling and cold, denied abusing the three and said she was only trying to bring them up according to her faith.

I went to great lengths to protect them from immorality.
    "From a Christian point of view we expect our children to be obedient. As it says in the Bible, `Children, be obedient to your parents and make the Lord proud'."

But Victim A said they were treated as "slaves", rarely allowed out and told to lie about their bruises . She said: "We were beaten, starved, drowned in the bath and kicked down the stairs.

"Mum had an array of sticks, and would beat us with them and kick us till we were collapsing with pain.
    "If we screamed she'd push the sticks down our throats."
    Victim A said the family's homes were infested with rats and the children would often sleep on the floor.

At one point she said Spry made her wear a sign on her back at her local Jehovah's Witnesses church, reading: "This child is evil. Do not look at her or talk to her."

The girl said her earliest memory was of Spry making her eat dog food and, when she was sick, eat the vomit.
    Victim B said Spry had a system of punishments for lying -- heavily prohibited by Jehovah's Witnesses.

She said: "She'd pour washing-up liquid down our throats and say, `Don't throw up or you'll have more'.We were told not to speak to anyone. She believed other people were worldly as they didn't believe in her religion." Victim C said: "I can only describe mother's punishment methods as torture

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

THIS EVIL, WICKED, HORRID WITCH OF A WOMAN SHOULD NEVER BE LET OUT
    Mirror.co.uk, UK - 11 minutes ago
    The victims, now in their late teens and early 20s, said the devout Jehovah's Witness forced sticks down their throats, made them eat their own vomit and ... (...The victims, now in their late teens and early 20s, said the devout Jehovah's Witness forced sticks down their throats, made them eat their own vomit and rat excrement, drink washing-up liquid and bleach and locked them naked in a room without food for a month. )
    [email protected] reporter on case lets see if enough outraged victims contact he may be prompted to continue investigating the Watchtower abuses

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Elders a touchstone to the congregation!!!

An interesting scripture WORTH looking up Jer. 5 v 26 -28

Why is it that when you wear the wrong colour socks or a pink shirt or any of the many trivial petty things at a meeting, or even away from the Kingdom hall the elders will know exactly what you have been up to and even make a big issue over it?

How is it then, they have not noticed what has allegedly been going on for such a long time, when constant contact has been there every week. (i.e.: meetings) and if they were, why was counsel not given then, why was it allowed to go on.!!

KT

• badboy
    badboy

THERE WAS ANOTHER ARTICLE IN TODAY'S GUARDIAN ABOUT THIS CASE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit