BREAKING NEWS: 16:.02: FOSTER MOTHER GUILTY OF ABUSE

by fokyc 101 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

It was all in the name of God
    The Sun, UK - 35 minutes ago
    Fanatical Jehovah’s Witness Eunice Spry, 62, believed the two girls and a boy were possessed by the Devil and wanted to “purify” them. ... AN evil foster mother was yesterday convicted of horrifically abusing three children — to raise them “in accordance with her faith”. Fanatical Jehovah’s Witness Eunice Spry, 62, believed the two girls and a boy were possessed by the Devil and wanted to “purify” them. She beat them with sticks and metal bars, forced them to drink bleach and eat their own vomit and faeces, and starved them naked in a locked room for a month. She also kicked them, pushed sticks down their throats, strangled them, forced their hands on a hot cooker and rubbed their faces with sandpaper, a court was told. The kids were banned from listening to pop or wearing trendy clothes — and were punished if found with sweets or music mags. One punishment saw the trio, identified only as Victims A, B and C, forced to stay totally still for long periods. If they moved they would be beaten as a further deterrent. The abuse went undetected for almost 20 years as Spry pulled the youngsters out of school and taught them at her two rat-infested homes in Tewkesbury, Gloucs. Council inspectors also failed to spot the horror despite regularly visiting to check on the kids’ education. But it finally came to light in December 2004, when Victim A — one of the two girls — ran away from home. Victim B and Victim C, the boy, made statements to police and Spry, estranged from her second husband, was arrested in February 2005. Doctors called the kids’ injuries “extraordinary”. They also had depression. Both girls had attempted suicide. Spry, described as chilling and cold, denied abusing the three and said she was only trying to bring them up according to her faith. She told a jury at Bristol Crown Court: “I sweated blood for those children. I went to great lengths to protect them from immorality. “ From a Christian point of view we expect our children to be obedient. As it says in the Bible, ‘Children, be obedient to your parents and make the Lord proud’.” But after a five-week trial, jurors convicted her of 24 counts of abuse between 1986 and 2005 — plus two of intimidating witnesses. Judge Simon Darwall-Smith remanded Spry in custody pending reports before she is sentenced next month. Her three victims — now young adults — went to live with Spry as youngsters with social services approval. But Victim A said they were treated as “slaves”, rarely allowed out and told to lie about their bruises . She said: “We were beaten, starved, drowned in the bath and kicked down the stairs. “Mum had an array of sticks, and would beat us with them and kick us till we were collapsing with pain. “If we screamed she’d push the sticks down our throats.” Victim A said the family’s homes were infested with rats and the children would often sleep on the floor. At one point she said Spry made her wear a sign on her back at her local Jehovah’s Witnesses church, reading: “This child is evil. Do not look at her or talk to her.” The girl said her earliest memory was of Spry making her eat dog food and, when she was sick, eat the vomit. Victim B said Spry had a system of punishments for lying — heavily prohibited by Jehovah’s Witnesses. She said: “She’d pour washing-up liquid down our throats and say, ‘Don’t throw up or you’ll have more’. We were told not to speak to anyone. She believed other people were worldly as they didn’t believe in her religion.” Victim C said: “I can only describe mother’s punishment methods as torture.” Last night the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board said lessons had to be learned from the case. A spokesman said: “These children were seen by many different professionals, but few were a consistent presence. Information was not shared.” [email protected] reporter [email protected]TIPS to the Sun

It was all in the name of God
    The Sun, UK - 50 minutes ago
    Fanatical Jehovah’s Witness Eunice Spry, 62, believed the two girls and a boy were possessed by the Devil and wanted to “purify” them. ...
    Foster mother guilty of 'sadistic' abuseTelegraph.co.uk
    'Sadistic' mother starved childrenUnison.ie (subscription)
    Foster mother guilty of ‘horrific abuse’ on childrenIrish Examiner
    Independent - Metro
    all 57 news articles »
  • badboy
    badboy

I SEE IT IS ON FRONT OF DAILY EXPRESS

DAILY MAIL HAD AN INTRODUCTION ON FRONT PAGE

• Gill
    Gill

Badboy - It's absolutely everywhere and in every major newspaper. The fact that she is a JW and that she was teaching the kids to be 'obedient to your parents' and 'protecting them from immorality' and that the kids claim she was trying to keep them away from 'worldly' influences!

If I was a JW, I would not be venturing out on door to door work.

I haven't heard my mum's opinion on this YET, but I'm sure I'll hear how it's all apostate lies.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    If I was a JW, I would not be venturing out on door to door work.

Well I went to public schooland door to door 1961 on... during the nationalistic fervor of the 'better dead than red' era got the shit beaten outta me in second grade when kennedy assasinated and ya know what nobdy supported me or gave an f**k

We have since detox Joe time on and the same in all religions cult leaders insulated in their ivory tower with their personal bodyguards well the rest of us R+F take all the heat-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine "apostate with an attitude"

• Gill
    Gill

Danny, I'm sorry for your experience.

The interesting thing with this case, apart from total incompetence of social services, is the words used by this lady in court sound very much what you would read in a Watchtower about bringing up young people.

'Bringing them up according to her faith.'

Protecting them from immorality'.

The sign with 'This child is evil. Do not speak to her.' A method of temporary shunning?

The influences on her very bad behaviour were definitely from the Watchtower bible and tract society rhethoric.

• badboy
    badboy

I DO WONDER HOW MANY JWS WILL BE DELIGHTED TO GO DOOR TO DOOR WITH THIS IN THE NEWSPAPER!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Thank goodness she didn't have a 'good' solicitor who might have instructed her to go down the 'Munchausen's by proxy' route (if I got the wrong condition, I'm thinking of the one where a gaurdian makes their child look ill). She'd probably get a lighter sentence if that had been the case.

Also, the news reports on this thread about how the abuse came to light are varied, but if the initial one is correct, I'd say credit where credit is due to the local KH which in this case seems to have done the right thing once they were made aware of the problem.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

FOKYC - I know from our various correspondence that you have doubts over the guilt of this woman and of course have been very close to the case. In terms of balance would it be possible to post the summaries that you have been providing me with for the last few weeks here? I would post them myself but didn't feel I should due to the confidential nature - at least not without your permission.

I'm well aware that even medical evidence should be questioned. Evidence of sexual abuse of children during the witch hunts of the 80's was found to be misleading and condemned innocent people to jail and stigma.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Crumpet/FOKYC

It might not be wise to post details yet because she hasn't been senetenced yet (?) technically, the case may still be open.

• Gill
    Gill

Fokyc - I would be also interested in your putting your case for this lady as you have done privately for quite a while. I think that most people are aware of miscarriages of justice that have taken place in the past, for example the tragedy of Sally Clarke.

However, this ladies words in court seem to have condemned her. And to look at the pictures of her home are very worrying, which does make you wonder why social services would place any child in such a home.....(though I do know of a local case where a child is housed in a home which is a total tip and the parent refuses to use the usual safety appliances, stairgates, plug covers, fire guards etc and the child is still fostered there! I have known this lady from childhood and am shocked that social services would do such a thing)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit