BREAKING NEWS: 16:.02: FOSTER MOTHER GUILTY OF ABUSE

by fokyc 101 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• moshe
    moshe

It seems hard to believe that nobody from the KH ever visited her home in all those years. I would think the elders would have made a few visits over the years just to say 'Hi"- I believe they knew more than they were letting on about this lady.

• bubble
    bubble

This story disgusts me. I hope she rots in prison and I hope the other prisoners beat the cr*p out of her.

And if there is a god, I hope he sends her to the hot and firey place when she does the world a favour and dies.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    And to look at the pictures of her home are very worrying, which does make you wonder why social services would place any child in such a home.....(

Gill - Yes I did wonder were those pictures taken whilst the "children" were in residence, were they an accurate depiction of conditions of the household at all? Or were the pictures taken after the police had ransacked the place looking for evidence?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I am also curious to know what level of support she received from social services after her eldest daughter Judith and her foster daughter Charlotte, 16 were killed in the same accident that left the other foster daughter in a wheelchair - although I have read the daughter says she didnt need a wheel chair. That's rather odd because I know full well how reluctant the NHS are to give out wheelchairs or even crutches. They check pretty carefully before giving out this expensive equipment that it is absolutely necessary to the person.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    She told a jury at Bristol Crown Court: “I sweated blood for those children. I went to great lengths to protect them from immorality.
    “From a Christian point of view we expect our children to be obedient. As it says in the Bible, ‘Children, be obedient to your parents and make the Lord proud’.”

Do you know how familiar this all sounds to me? It's really creepy.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses said the faith did not condone abuse. A spokesman said: “We don’t tolerate physical cruelty.”

Horseshit. I've never seen an elder stop abusive parents from taking their kids to the KH bathroom to beat them.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    One punishment saw the trio, identified only as Victims A, B and C, forced to stay totally still for long periods. If they moved they would be beaten as a further deterrent.

Sounds like she was teaching them how to behave at the KH. Makes sense.

This article brought back a memory for me - my mother briefly looked after two foster children. She has a photograph of them. I have to wonder if she did anything to those two boys. I wouldn't doubt it.

• Gill
    Gill

Nosferatu - You're quite right! It sounds scarily 'culty'. That's why it's hard to doubt that the conviction must have been right. The lady is walking the walk and talking the talk of a crazy cult.

Still. It makes you wonder how much more negligent social services can be in this country.

I too have seen children horribly beaten, pinched and in terrible pain from injuries inflicted by their parents to keep them quiet while the Bull shit flows from the platform of the KH. Very worrying.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Crumpet, Gill, Sad emo, moshe and all other interested posters,

Sorry for the delay, as you can imagine the phone hasn't stopped ringing.

I am unable to post much more detail as there are 2 more Crown Court cases pending! These are allied to this case but relate to NON JW's

Your remarks re elders are interesting, in fact they disliked the whole family, as they occupied too much space and were often late for the meetings, which caused disruption. At one time the family was 10 strong.

The elder who is mentioned in the press, visited the houses often, to do building work for them, the children could have spoken to him or his sons.

The girl who left home in about 2003 is the biological sister of the 2 boys, why when she left home didn't she report the matters to the authorities? IF it is all true, she left her own brothers in this abusive household.

Have you ever tried to keep a 14 year old sat in a wheelchair ALL day when they didn't need to?

I will answer any questions I can, if you wish, please PM me.

fokyc

• Gill
    Gill

Those are interesting questions Fokyc.

I know a rape victim who didn't say anything for 5 years about her attack.

I know a woman who left her younger sister with her violent JW parents and didn't to this day dare report them to child welfare services because of outright terror of her parents and the conditioning from the WTBTS not to bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

I know a man who pleaded guilty to an offence in court because he didn't want to drag the whole congregation's name throught the mud and bring reproach on Jehovah's name for some very distasteful practices in that cong.

Time delay is not a good way to judge over whether something is true or not.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    why when she left home didn't she report the matters to the authorities? IF it is all true, she left her own brothers in this abusive household.

She probably didn't report anything to the authorities for the same reasons I never went to them. When you're raised in an atmosphere like that, you're led to believe that it's quite normal. Not only that, you're threatened with worse abuse if you even think of telling somebody about what's going on. That's what happened to me.

She is not to blame for "leaving" her brothers in the house. It's likely she was just as oblivious as they were to the severity of the situation.

You can get used to being afraid, hiding, running away, ducking, pain, etc. It becomes part of your daily routine. You become conditioned to reacting a certain way to certain actions or behaviors. For the longest time, I would duck and cover whenever someone would quickly raise their arm (to scratch their head). It was a conditioned reaction to someone preparing to hit me. It was only after people repeatedly asking me "Did you think I was going to hit you?" that I knew something wasn't right. Whenever my mother asked me this, she would follow up with "Would you like me to hit you? I can do that."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit