AllTimeJeffs Story

by AllTimeJeff 116 Replies latest members private

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Great story, I'm glad it got bumped up, I hadn't seen it before. I am as irregular on the boards as I was at the meetings when I was a JW, only now no one cares!

My favorite part:

"I still have the desire to be nice to people, to want to help people, but now if necessary, and I have it in my power to do so, I don’t have to direct people to a cult, but rather, to help people to discover their own unique strengths and talents, even as I am still discovering mine…'

So different from what the org teaches people to be, so simple, so much better, so much more fufilling.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Thanks to all the people who find these stories.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for the story Jeff ...I think what shocked me the most actually was the Gilead school rubbish...I always believed it would be such good deep fine stuff...ah well I should have guessed....glad you broke free anyway...

Loz x

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

What a story. So candid and honest. It's plain to see your a guy of integrity to get out from being so deep 'in'. Don't feel guilt over losing your brother, you were just a kid yourself and probably couldn't have affected the outcome.

This is such a great story for anyone who's unsure about the motives and practices of the WT$, Thanks Jeff.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

All Time Jeff mentioned on another thread that he had attended Gilead. It made me curious, so I looked up his hello thread. Very interesting. I think I caught bits and pieces here and there, but reading the full story was intriguing.

NC

• perfect1
    perfect1

nump

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now look perfect ...You got all confused while you were in the room it is BUMP not NUMP

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Jeff - What a hell of a story.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

I really liked reading Jeffs story! That is really something and im glad you got out but how do you feel about christ now? Its been sox years since you wrote this and I was just wondering

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi there. I am glad this whole time in my life is so far in the rear view mirror now. Some days, I thought I would always be haunted.

As far as my views on Jesus, he sounds like he would have been a really cool man to talk to. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit