Stick to the Borg...Your Judas kids made their choice

by Midget-Sasquatch 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NanaR
    NanaR

"actually thats not a bad thought, what font is it?" The closest I could find to the TEXT font (the header is different) is Baskerville Old Face. NanaR

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You can see from his photo that he has a worldly hairstyle (rather than a sophisticated comb-over like his father) and, of course, he's smiling.

It looks like he may be sporting a 5 o'clock shadow as well, further evidence of demonic infestation.

Unless there's something wrong with my monitor, only that photo is in black and white - the rest of the picture is in colour. Interesting.

W

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I can't read this sort of propoganda without my stomach turning, do the members read this and actually get encouragement. I wonder what my mother will be thinking. Is she that brainwashed she will take comfort from it?

• juni
    juni

I agree with you JW and Merfi. I started reading this and I had to stop. Why? Because I remember reading a very similar article way back when our son had left. It did not bring me comfort.

It is designed to play on your emotions and for someone who is a serious JW and "loses a child to the world" they see these pictures of this growing kid and the parents' sorrow and they experience untold pain. I know; I experienced it first hand.

I can't even write anymore about it because it makes me feel sick how this religion is hurting needlessly a lot of families.

Juni

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Under the Subheading

When Discipline is Severe.

It tells what to do when the child is a minor. The only thing it did not mention you could do with your child is any form of recreation, socializing, or entertainment. Why would a minor child recieve bible studies and not any other person that was DF? Afterall, he is taught and baptised in the same manner, and held accountable..........as any adult.

I am not saying it is right or wrong to have the study........but why the exception?

purps

• Honesty
    Honesty

I enjoyed that article so much that I just can't wait until its sequel is distributed...

REMAINING STEADFAST WHEN A PARENT REBELS

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Why Kids leave da troof image From Lady Lee 'best of series' JW Kids Leave the Organization: Facts http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10417/1.ashx This thread is 2001 and the more things change the more they stay the same image

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Check out the coming attractions box the next WT issue is why speak the truth ohhhh,i can't wait

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

The header font looks like CG Omega, to me. (A little bit of a fontaholic, here.)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Thanks for the scan, Midget.

This article is appears to be designed to strengthen the resolve of parents to shun their children who have left the organization. You know it must be a lonely place to be - ignoring your children, no family visits, the stony wall you must put up when they call. And it might be simply because your child questioned the WTS policies, and left because they couldn't get straight answers. Parents weaken in time and their natural inclination is to respond to their childfren with love and interest. So this article can help parents to redirect their natural affection for their children to an unnatural affection for a publishing company.

Side note I find interesting: The WTS continues a trend of depicting ethnic minorities in featured roles. It must be because that is where the increase, if any, is expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit