Stick to the Borg...Your Judas kids made their choice

by Midget-Sasquatch 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

This makes me SICK!!!!! Felt like puking my oreo's all over the computer screen when I got to the last paragraph. sammieswife.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The most awful aspects of this article is what is left out. No words on what the child might be feeling in all this. No New Testament examples other than Matthew 24:45. No mention of the Prodigal Son or other bible examples of reconciliation. Love is only mentioned three times; twice in regards to Jehovah’ nature, and once to describe the parent’s past acts.

Who does get mention? The parent’s pain is described in excruciating adjectives; anxiety, betrayed, bitter, broken-hearted, disappointment, discourage, embarrassment, frustrated, guilt, humiliation, hurt (2), negative thoughts, overwhelmed, pain (2), self-reproach, sense of failure, and tormented. Satan, the Devil, is mentioned FIVE TIMES. The role of the elders and 1 Peter 5 is quoted FIVE TIMES.

The parent is instructed to cope by praying, attending meetings, and cooperating with the elders’ discipline. Natural parental protectiveness is discouraged. Two of my more hated quotes in this article:

"In ancient times, lions roamed Isreal and were a threat to domestic animals. If a young lamb strayed from the flock, it would become easy prey. A ewe might instinctively risk her own life to protect her lamb. However, even a full-grown sheep would be no match for a lion."
    "Siding with your rebellious child would not be providing any real protection against the Devil. Actually, you would be endangering your own spiritual health."

The society is telling the parent NOT to intervene if their child is in immanent danger. Is this God’s design? Is this natural? Is this loving? There is no love here for a child who chooses to strike out on their own. Divorcing non-JW parents, copy this article for your custody hearings.

• juni
    juni

Jgnat, thank you for posting what you did. You are SO RIGHT. I went through this w/our son and let me tell you first hand those words of God's "organization" only cut deeper.

Meetings, praying, association w/the brothers will help?? They can go f*** themselves.

Sorry for my language, but this makes me sick to my stomach. It's all mind control/mind games. And the whole family suffers.

Juni

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    This makes me SICK!!!!! Felt like puking my oreo's all over the computer screen when I got to the last paragraph. sammieswife.

OMG! What a terrible waste of oreo's that would have been! I'm so glad you were able to "retain" them.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

jgnat.................

great observation. about excluding the child.........thanks for pointing that out.

that says volumes.

purps

• nelly136
    nelly136
    anxiety, betrayed, bitter, broken-hearted, disappointment, discourage, embarrassment, frustrated, guilt, humiliation, hurt (2), negative thoughts, overwhelmed, pain (2), self-reproach, sense of failure, and tormented.

just to ensure if they didnt feel that way before they should now, and if they dont theres something wrong with them.

if someones told theyre worthless repeatedly it sticks, theyre constantly being told theyre suffering, no wonder they believe it.

disappointment

oops theres that little word minimus mentions in his thread, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/125047/1.ashx

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    So first they study about when a child rebels and then, in the coming soon, they have an article on what you can learn from children... Doesn't it seem like they should have put these two articles together? How to learn from your child when he rebels.

damn u stole my line!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Man this article really makes me mad . It stirs up alot of the anger I thought had subsided about this rotten religion. What was the article back in August ,"When a Loved one leaves Jehovah" ? There must be an incredible increase of leavers (not Lovers ) of Jehovah going on. In the past couple of years , in the local hall, I can think of 9 adults and 12 teens that have been D'fd or faded . This hall has about 100 publishers. Can you imagine the decrease in larger areas ?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The gossip in our old hall is that we stopped attending because our youngest son was turning to the world . Which is totally not it at all. He was still going to meetings when one day I announced, " I'm done ,I can't go anymore " then he said "okay I'm with you " .My husband just didn't have the motivation to keep going if we weren't so he stopped too. I feel so sorry for other families that are being manipulated . One family has two daughters ,the oldest was d'fd . When the younger one got married the parents were in turmoil over whether the oldest would even be told about the wedding . Finally the youngest sister took it upon herself to tell her sister to come to the wedding (which was not at the hall ), but sit in the back row .After the ceremony the bride rushed to the back in tears to get at least one picture with her only sister on her Wedding day .One picture with both of them in tears . The oldest sister has moved across the country and has been trying to get reinstated unsuccessfully for two years ! This summer she got married and her Parents again went through terrible mental emotional distress as to whether they should attend . All because of this screwy religion butting into families personal business . After consulting w/an elder on what they should do I was shoched to find out the elder told them just to go ,but don't tell anyone ! Which I'm glad they did ,but it has caused the mother grief thinking she did something wrong because it was so under cover . Why oh why can't these seemingly intelligent people see through the mind control ? And what power this cult has to actually separate normal parent affections from their offspring .

• garybuss
    garybuss

We just had the exact same article in September 1, 2006 Watchtower page 17-21. Anybody think this might be a problem in the organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit