NOTIFY YOUR HOSPITAL & DOCTORS ABOUT JW SPYS

by MadApostate 61 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi everyone. I keep missing good threads due to lack of time.

Briefly - since hubby is getting impatient - I have some thoughts:

Three years ago I had to go to the emergency room. While I was being admitted, I was asked what religion I am (why the relevance? Who knows?) Anyways, I was afraid to say JW because I knew they would call the elders. (I was still a semi-dub at the time)

Anyways, long story short, I said I was "Christian." But my good-ole-dad said, "She's JW." Too sick to argue but spoke up anyways I said, "No! I am Christian!" The lady at the hospital said, "Ma'am if you're JW, we need to know because we will notify your elders right away." I swear to God that was what she said.

She proceeded to happily state, "We have an arrangement with your local church to notify them if any of their people come in."

So I adamantly stated to the surprize of my dad, "NO I AM NOT JW!"

Needless to say, it doesn't take a person in a records department to cause the trouble. The whole system is in trouble. We got hospitals here thinking they are doing a good deed by calling elders. We have some serious PR work to do. The word needs to get out that there are JWs who DO ACCEPT BLOOD and would LOSE THEIR FAMILIES if they were found out.

Anyways, that's about all the time I have tonight. Please respond. This thread is interesting.

• mommy
    mommy

Blue Sapphire,
    Before all out panic sets in please let me explain. It is part of the admission packets to the hospital for a patient to be asked what religion they are. As Skully already pointed out, it is to get an idea what the patients wishes are. JW's are not the only religion who hold the market on weird medical practices. And I assure you they do not call up every elder when a JW is admitted. Just think about that for a sec, in a metropolitan area how many kingdom halls are there? Do you think they call a baptist church when a baptist is admitted?

The only times I have heard of clergy brought in, is if the patient is without family, and on their deathbed. Even in that case the patient is usually unable to speak for themselves, and the clergy is not allowed to make medical decisions, they are just there for prayer and support.

I am not familiar with the rules regarding the Hospital Liason committee, but I don't think they are allowed to be contacted without the patients consent. This would go against the most basic rules of confidentiality.

If you are not satisfied with these answers, by all means call the hospitals, ask them what the rules are, they will be more than happy to give them to you. Also if there is any breach whatsoever in confidentiality you will have a huge sum of money in your pocket, I assure you. Even if it is your neighbor nurse who tells your other neighbor that you were in the hospital, this simple breach will bring about strong consequences.
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Windy:

Just like in some of the NGO threads, you are so busy running your mouth just to listen to yourself talk, that you wind up missing some of the simplest of issues.

Your ramblings on about how much training/warnings hospitals provide regarding "confidentiality" is no different than the training/warnings that attorneys, CPAs, and others receive.

THE POINT to be taken from the WATCHTOWER article quoted in my sample form letter is that the WTS teaches JWs that their obligation to rat-out fellow JWs SUPERCEDES any employment or professional obligations which they are otherwise trained to observe.

Your hospital, or any others, can provide thousands of hours of "confidentiality" training

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT

IT DOESN'T MATTER TO A JW EMPLOYEE IF HE LEARNS SOMETHING BAD ABOUT A FELLOW JW. THE JW EMPLOYEE HAS A HIGHER OBLIGATION TO REPORT THEIR FELLOW JW TO THE ELDERS, EVEN IF IT MEANS THE EMPLOYEE MUST SUFFER CONSEQUENCES.

That fact puts ALL EMPLOYERS of JWs at risk.

Employers can do all the training they want, but NOTHING they can do or say can prevent a JW employee from breaking confidentiality given the right set of circumstances. A JW employee is a "ticking timebomb" just waiting to go off.

You amaze me how you can rattle on endlessly in this and other threads and have no clue of the basic issue.

• mommy
    mommy

Hmmm Mad,
    I can almost see that vein popping out on your forehead...slow down son. I reread your post and I still can't see the proof that the "powers" stopped this thread. Care to back that statement up?

As far as my rattling on, I did so for the very purpose of Blue's comment, there is a panic that can be started for no good reason. I for one did not want that to happen. I also wanted to point out that, anyone in the medical community would respond to you the same way I did. So just curious, what was the response? Along the same lines as I said huh?

You said:

That fact puts ALL EMPLOYERS of JWs at risk.
    So the reason you sent these letters out was to encourage an employer to not hire a JW? And you actually think that everyone will jump on that bandwagon? That is the reason this thread died Mad, a crazy, unethical idea. As I said in my initial post
    I think that your idea is ridiculous. Not because I don't like you as a person, but because it is not a good argument. It is obvious that you are trying to sway a hiring decision based on religion and this is against our constitution.
    Now, care to answer my questions? Back up your statements Mad. Or are are you really just a mad apostate prone to paranoia?
    wendy

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy MadAp,

You sure know how to make friends! But your thread has some really interesting points:

#1 - We give confidential information to many sources.......doctors, surgeons, dentists, pharmacies, accountants, lawyers, social security, police, chiropractors, etc.

Not just medical information - information about our lives and our family's lives. Think about it. We give all kinds of information out, who we live with, who they live with, what illnesses we have, where they originated from, pregnancies, taxes, money, contributions, etc.

#2 Your point about jw's HIGHER RESPONSIBILITY to keep "God's Organization Clean" is above any one person's standing. It always has been - that's what we're taught. It is each individual's responsibility and God is more important than the individual jw. We are just pawns in a chessgame.

#3 Your point about hiring/firing is accurate. Nobody's going to get fired over this - too many laws. BUT! An employer might rethink how he trains, or screens, applicants, within the law.

#4 Thanks.

#5 I really don't think one thread or a letter has the value to create a panic, particularily with the medical community. Would seem they get bombarded with information. A little more might help them.

I disagree with Wendy saying people didn't comment because they weren't interested. That's an unprovable statement.

I just hadn't read this thread.....many other threads in competition to it. I found it interesting - and the other posters' comments interesting.

I always find Hawkaw interesting. Love those Canadians.

waiting

• mommy
    mommy

Morning Waiting,
    You said

I disagree with Wendy saying people didn't comment because they weren't interested. That's an unprovable statement.

Well that is why I love this discussion board Everyone has a right to disagree. In my response to Mad's ranting that a force stopped this thread, which BTW is an unprovable statement. I offered an alternative to his comment. And as a matter of fact if you want to get technical...if no one comments, the thread dies, right?

Not once do I see anyone posting that this thread needed to be stopped, and requests made for no more comments. Now I have seen that before on this board, and that would be proveable...not here though. I see over 1500 views and this thread is 3 pages long. It was resurrected after a few months, but wouldn't ya think that the person who started it would keep us posted on the outcome? He didn't and stated he had forgotten about this thread. Of course he had alot of energy stored up to point the finger to an outside source as to why this thread was buried.

Anyway like you I had never read the thread before, so it was interesting to be able to add my comments to it.

Have a great day
    wendy

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Waiting

My dear friend .... eh!!!!!

I "snapped" you an Email.

hawk

• waiting
    waiting

Hawk: "...eh????" (WT style editing)

Waiting: "Love those Canadians."

Glad you and Hillary stay around....give some class to this joint. ('30's style usa talk).

Gotta go catch a snap!

waiting

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Mommy, my experience is my experience. The lady told me they automatically call the elders. Maybe this is an isolated hospital, maybe not. Regardless, it's a problem. They were going to call them with or without my consent. They ASSUME they have your consent if you're a JW. The Hospital Liaison Idiots have them brainwashed that they're doing you a favor.

If you don't believe, me I don't know what to tell you. It's what actually happened to ME.

It is pointless to get into other clergy of other religions because we're talking about the Watchtower here, aren't we? I mean when I was Catholic they didn't automatically call my priest because they know different people have different priests in different parishes.

But with the liaison committees they've been convinced that it's the arrangement preferred by the JWs. Like I said, they think they're doing a good deed. Not a matter to them of confidentiality at this point where no diagnosis or treatment has been rendered. Just a step in the admittance process.

• mommy
    mommy

Blue,
    I am in no way doubting your story. The reason I responded to it, was a two fold reasoning, first to explain every hospital I have been in and their process, and also to state I did not know what the HLC practice was. I did not respond the other day because I knew I was going in to my hospital today for the admittance paperwork for this pregnancy. I asked them, the same thing you stated and they confirmed what I said.

No HLC is called unless the patient is alone without family and on their death bed. Unless the patient is alert and oriented and requests for them to be present.

But, that really is not the topic of this thread, is it? Madapostate has thrown out a bone that needs chewed on. He states that outside sources have stopped his thread. I do not agree. I have seen Madap ruthless in his attacks of posters who have no proof to back up their claims, yet he is guilty of that right here, right now.

So everything else aside...Madapostate do you have proof that an outside source stopped this thread? Or is that just hot air to bolster your ego?
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit