Who here is still left from h20?

by GermanXJW 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I am an H20 alum, posted simply as Eduardo.

Thanks to Cygnus i have all the old archives. That archive/new site that blondie found looks cool but doesn't have all the archives yet or much of a discussion going.

By the way H20 is alive and kicking. Here is the site:

http://www.geocities.com/hourglass2.geo/ (front door)

and

http://h2o.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=311102 (forum)

It was the server issue that killed it. I think after it was down for a few months or whatever, it was never the same and many people found other forums, especially this one.

-Eduardo

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Hi Jens

Can't say that I still left: was never there....

Branda

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Me!

I posted on the old H20 Board. I posted there as "Cyrus". Just like here, I didn't post much, but I lurked almost every day. I first found H20 when I was trying to find some information/ opinions on the 1914 generation change in the Nov. 15 1995 Watchtower. That means I would have been on that board beginning in 1996 or so.

Cyrus The Persian

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Count me in.

HCM

• chasson
    chasson

I have tried to manage the french's part of H20: A fiasco ;-)

Bye

Charles

• chasson
    chasson

PopeofEruke:I first apostacized myself by visiting the old Compuserve Forums. Well, for me it was the french's part of the closed Witness.net, and the mailing-list of Jabriol called "The_Folder":I was expelled from both concerning the question of 1975. Bye Charles

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL at Charles. I ran / tried to revive the Australian section for a while (E20).

unclebruce

:::

It was the server issue that killed it. I think after it was down for a few months or whatever, it was never the same and many people found other forums, especially this one.

-Eduardo

Whew, so cowardly mod105 was wrong when it came in here frothing at the mouth blaming my "relentless anti-christian posting" for causing the death of H20. As I remember it what caused H20's death was the issue of censorship and trust in the forum directors - that and to a lesser degree spamming by fundamentalist bible ranters. I followed AlanF and several others over to here and then dragged Farkel over is all

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I posted there sporadically from shortly after it began in 1996 to 1999. I posted under several different names, most notably Phantom (although I was not the only person to ever use that name there.)

I've just found some of my early posts in the archive. Should I be concerned that my beliefs and opinions don't seem to have changed significantly in ten years?

I don't suppose there's an archive of AJWR anywhere?

• rekless
    rekless

I was on it last week used my old user name and pass word.

Just accidently found it. Kind of dead though.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Uzzah, you have no idea how much your work on H20 helped me personally. I was such an emotional infant back then, a wounded child in an adult body. So many of you in this thread; AlanF and (who was the first person to respond to a post, which was a desperate plea for help with child custody advice) and Gary Buss opened up my mind and then there were those like COMF, Fark, JH who scared me to death back then LOL and so did Norm and Kent. But I learned so much from you all. And not only have I benefited, but my husband, and my child through extension because I was able to get a clue, grow up, and become the parent I didn't know I was able to be back then. I was a terrified, crushed, lonely little girl then.

Look what you've turned me into! Rabid apostate with attitude! Shame on you all! Seriously though I am so glad this thread came up because I have wanted to thank everybody from 'back then' if I'm missing names, you know who you are. I still miss Winston Smith from H20 (not the same one who posts/posted here awhile back) He passed away. We used to correspond, and his insights helped me a lot too. Gone but never forgotten, my friend... Others have died too, Joe, and so many have just disappeared, which is good it means they've healed...but it is comforting to be able to know what is going on with folks every now and again. I hope more 'oldtimers' will come back and give updates :)

I'm afraid to go back and look at the archives LOL. But maybe it'll remind me just how far I've come. The good you all did for me is the reason I still hang around here, to give back.

As if I wasn't sentimental these days as it is! Course, that's one thing about me that has never changed...

hugs

essie

P.S. 3rdson!!!! I hope all is well with you my friend...things are better for me than they've ever been. Big hugs!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit