Who here is still left from h20?

by GermanXJW 57 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
  • garybuss
    garybuss

I was there.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

When I first registered with JWD, that is where I first heard of H2O back in 2001. I went over there and read a few posts, but, it was even then evident that the activity on the board was coming to a close.

Now, I only frequent this board and the debate board on belief.net. Over there, I post as yeah-right.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Guilty. But I still will never reveal who I used to post as. hint: apologist

Posters such as "The Liberal Ex-MS" and "Liberal Elder" really stumbled me back then. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why any real witness would use names such as those. Boy, was I duped back in those days.

I knew well enough to stay away from the likes of Farkel and AlanF. I thought that the demons would get me in my sleep if I conversed long enough with them over the net. The forum photos also made me think, "Why would a witness who runs this site use photos of fancy cars and mansions??" I thought it was too materialistic. Anyone else remember those pictures? It's no big deal these days, but for a witness to visit that site and see the names of different areas(paradise chat?) along with the pictures used as links, it was a very weird feeling being a witness and seeing that.

Sure am glad to be seeing the world for what it really is these days.

• merfi
    merfi

Was that the site with the background that was aqua-colored water -- kind of like pool water? If so, I was there... I believe it was around late 99 and early 2000 that I discovered it. I remember the names of AlanF and Farkel, as well as a little creep named Fred Hall. I don't think I posted a whole lot; if I did, it was as a still-JW, and probably weakly trying to defend my 'beliefs' amongst all those dangerous apostates there. :) I think H2O is where I followed a link to ajwrb, and from there, I spent HOURS reading on that site, printing off pages of info, quizzing the pathologist I worked with and generally trying to understand it all. I mentioned the blood thing to my then-hub, and got shot down with the words "independent thinking". That was the end of telling him anything...

I credit H2O with my very first sparkles of 'light' that eventually freed me.

~merfi

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I posted on h2o for a while after 2000 but I lurked there for years. It was part of my awakening in 1996 when I first started looking up JW related pages on the internet.

3rd

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

H20 was the place I found that I wasn't alone in my thoughts of leaving. It contributed greatly to solidifying my decision to leave the BORG. When I first joined I posted simply as "J"
    I became a moderator (Mod101) and later the Forum Director (FD2) when the original one became too occupied.
    It is good to hear that place made a difference to even a few people which made the effort and work worthwhile. I took that place on as a sort of penance for having been an elder and bethelite. I felt I owed something back.
    It is good to see a few people are still around that enjoyed or at least participated at H20.
    Uzzah

• startingover
    startingover

Was there any connection between H2O and Witnet? It was comments made by a guy named Robby that really started me thinking. Wonder whatever happened to him.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I discovered H20 while living in Haifa, Israel over seven years ago. Migrated to this site to get away from Unca Booze (brucy) but he chases me where ever I go!

caveman

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I first apostacized myself by visiting the old Compuserve Forums. Boy did I enjoy it! Learnt all about the Mexico lies, and the Malawi lies, and the Blood lies, and the Immunisation lies. Man, hasn't "God's organisation" got the lying thing down to a fine art!

Would have been in the 1994 - 1997 time frame, like that?

Anyone from here involved in the Compuserve forums?

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit