I Said Goodbye

by Farkel 76 Replies latest jw friends

• 7of9
    7of9

Farkel, You have my deepest sympathy. You and your Mom will be in my thoughts.

Seven

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

((((Farkel))))

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Farkel: I am sorry to hear about your dad. This is never an easy time. Death always brings out a side of family that we normally never get to see. It is like a moment of truth, even if only very brief. I hope that you will get to be there with family, and that your grief will be short, while your good memories and love for your dad remain for life. - Amazing

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Doug,

Thank you for reminding me to appreciate my father and express my love to him while he is alive. I have never experienced the death of a person I love, so I can only try to imagine.

I admire you for your courage in loving deeply and expressing it, even though that love now increases the pain of saying goodbye.

You, too, are loved. Please remember that.

Gina

• LDH
    LDH

First the bread line, Farkel. And now this.

As Deacon said, if you need to make a plane trip and have some need of funds please do email me.

Lisa

• proandcon
    proandcon

Farkel...while I do not even personally know you, I feel as I do having read your many posts on different forums over the past few years. I feel for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that you were able to tell your dad you loved him and shared your innermost thoughts with him. Most importantly, be proud that his very personality, his personna, is reflected so visibly in you. The love and caring; the hard work and perseverance; the intelligence and hands on experience...are all wonderful qualities you learned from your dad...who despite some setbacks and pitfalls remained a basically contented person. It's so sad that he died. Allow his qualities to always shine in you. And, as a result, you will never forget him. Everything else is just not so important.

• Undine
    Undine

Farkel,

I am sincerely sorry for your loss...

Undine

Also, I greatly appreciated you taking the time to respond to my post.
    You are extremely kind and thoughtful. Thank you for this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit