I Said Goodbye

by Farkel 76 Replies latest jw friends

• felix a
    felix a

Farkel,

Words fail me. My heart goes out to you and your family.

David P

• Kat_
    Kat_

(((((Farkel)))))

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I am so, so sorry. Please accept my sincere sympathy.

Kat

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I am so sorry Doug. I am facing something similar. My grandmother is also in the hospital. She suffered a heart attack this past week, and they are still running test on her. I know she is 85 and I can't expect many more years but I am still hoping for them.

My prayers are with you.

Lilacs

• TR
    TR

Farkel,

Your Father sounds like the good ol' guy that my dad is. I learned a lot from him as well. I imagine that I'll be in something similar to your shoes one day, and that makes me sad.

Please take care, you've come to be one of the main reasons I visit this board.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Doug,

I think everyone has said many of the things I wanted to say. Being able to say goodbye is a good thing at this most difficult time. My heart goes out to you and your mum.

Sincerely,

Simon

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((((((((((farkel))))))))))))))))

May you gain comfort from the love and support that everyone on this thread has sent your way. May you sleep at night knowing that you were true to your Dad, right to the last moments. You are a fine testiment to him, and you are loved because of the type of person you are. All these posts here are a testiment as to how much you are loved.

You are loved Farkel, and don't you ever forget that!!

• Shaneliza
    Shaneliza

Farkel,

You have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry. My thoughts go out to you and your mom.

Shannon M.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Sorry to hear about your father Farkel.

There are many things I wish to say to my old man, so many things you want to tell him straight up and from the heart. The way things are amid all the confusion and misunderstanding, I don't know if that will ever happen.

Perhaps it is best leaving them to rest in peace with your simple farewell,

"Goodbye, Dad. I will always love you."

Path

• Liberated
    Liberated

I'm sorry for your loss.

It brought back memories of when my father died.
    We're never ready.
    I'm glad you have the comfort of having said to
    him all that you did.

Even though we don't know each other, I can see
    your father in your words....and that's beautiful.

Know that many have been where you are and are
    thinking of you.

Libby

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

Farkel,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I have been inspired by your devotion to him and your expression of your feelings for him. You have shared your pain with us and there are few men who would have the courage to do as you have done. From your words, I have come to realize that you have had a outstanding father and that he raised a outstanding son.

JustAThought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit