I Said Goodbye

by Farkel 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Your actions will speak louder to your mom than anything or anyone else right now.

When my grandmother, who had been a faithful jw for over 40 years, recently passed away, it was a disgusting shame the way her congregation acted towards the family. It was one of the major reasons I started to evaluate the whole religion.
    The elder my aunt called to discuss funeral arrangements was very rude. He had absolutely no reason to be since my aunt is one of the nicest, easygoing people you'd ever know. His first response (instead of trying to be comforting) was "Don't you have a sister that's disfellowshipped?". She said, "nooo, she's disassociated and besides, what does that have to do with anything?"
    He started acting like it would be "difficult" to do more than a very basic service and that they probably wouldn't be able to serve a meal in the Kingdom Hall afterwards. He made her feel humiliated and she wasn't even asking for a meal for the family, just a service and someone to speak. When my grandpa, who overheard part of the phone conversation, heard how he was acting he told the elders that they didn't want to have it there anyhow if that's how they were going to act. So, they didn't and it spoke loudly to all the people she had studied with for years and all the old friends and family who wanted to send flowers, etc. were appalled when they heard about it. Not a very good way to spread the good news, eh?

It's so sad to know that she isn't getting the support she needs right now. I hope that changes when a few more hear about it.

Anne

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before." Mae West

• Flip
    Flip
    There was only one thing I hadn’t told my dad, and I just did that a few minutes ago.

Right on, Doug, right on.

Flip

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Farkel,

I can't say I know exactly what you're going through, but I think I have an idea. My father has been bed-ridden for the past few years with MS. It probably won't directly kill him, but it effectively ended his life years ago. Our mothers must have been separated at birth, for all the good they can find to say about the men who selflessly slaved to provide for their families.

I'm very sorry to hear this, but glad that you had a chance to say all that needed to be said. And thank you for sharing.

Hmmm

SixofNine: Please take these damned onions back! I can't see a damned thing, and I need to go have a talk with my dad.

• patio34
    patio34

Dear Farkel,

Am so sorry for your loss. I hope your mother does okay through all of this.

Pat

• claudia
    claudia

(((((((Farkel)))))))))

• Seeker
    Seeker

My heart is with you, my friend.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Farkel;

Sorry to here this about your father.

I'm sure it's no surprise to you that the majority of JW's react the same.

> "I asked my mother if she had notified anyone in the congregation and she said she called the PO yesterday. No one from her congregation has called or stopped by. Mom and Dad have known many of these people for over fifty years. "<

Typical reaction if your not in a current prominent position. The family dog would have more of a reaction to the loss than most programed dubs. Farkel, they just can't see it.

> "My worst nightmares about dub selfishness and lack of compassion are now confirmed. I suspect many of them will non-chalantly say, "Oh, but he'll face the prospect of resurrection into a Paradise earth." That's bullshit comfort for my mother right now because she's a wreck." <

That's right , and all in the name of the WT God the GB.

Again, sorry to here about your troubles.

HCM

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Farkel,
    I have to say .. warmth and comforting thoughts to you.. we are brothers in a way you would not know.

I wish my mother could read this. I have also thoguth about getting that call from time to time. Prepared or not your never QUITE ready.

I hope in all of this you canfind some peace and apply it to your own life.

Stephen

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

((((((((Farkel)))))))

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Farkel, please accept my condolences. Your father must have been a fine individual because he raised such a fine son.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit