I Said Goodbye

by Farkel 76 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Many of us are with you in spirit. Please take comfort in the fact that you have gained so many fine and loyal friends since leaving the JW's. We're here to help in any way we can.

May you have the peace which comes from the knowledge that you have done all you can.

Affectionately,
    Was

• jurs
    jurs

Farkel,

I am so sorry about your Dad. I wish I had the right words to offer comfort to you . Hopefully it is of some comfort to know that we are here for you. My heart goes out to you.

Laura

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Farkel

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time, I lost my father 6 years ago to a brain haemorrhage when he was just 41 and to this day I always feel so sad that I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to him. It truly is a devastating thing to have to live through and it has taken me a long time to get to the point where I can remember the good times we shared before thinking about the awful time we spent in hospital by his bedside knowing that he would never wake up. I sincerely hope that these messages here manage to give you some small comfort.

My heart goes out to you Farkel.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

So very sorry Farkel.

{{{hugs}}}

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

Farkel,
    So sorry to hear of your loss.
    Take care,

free

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

I'm so sorry, Farkel. Saying goodbye is NEVER easy!

NewLight2

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Farkel,

I'm sorry for the pain of loss you must be going through now, and the anger over circumstances. But, in a way, you're very fortunate to feel the way you do - a loving loss of a parent. I know it would be hard, but you do have love --- -and so does your father have love for you. What a gift he's passed on to you ---- and for you to pass on to your children.

Your added gift is the ability to express your feelings for us, so we can touch with you.

For those of us who don't know the feeling of tenderness & love you have for your father, thanks for expressing it. It's as alien to me as a black void.

As for your mom, it will be hard for her, but women seem to be quite strong.

Take care. I hope my words didn't offend you, as that definitely wasn't the intent.

waiting

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Farkel,

I am so sorry and sad. Death is inevitable for us all. As a parent I have come to the realization that the best we can do in this life, is leave a legacy through our deeds, or our children. Your father is leaving a great heritage, you. He must of been a wonderful man and father.

You'll always be my hero Farkel.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Dear Doug,

I typed a lot of words, and then deleted them all. It all boils down to one thing. My emotions are torn with yours. Please accept my best wishes for you and your whole family.

• Deacon
    Deacon

one day ..we will know what the truth is, what the future really holds for us, what the reason for this love inside for our families is all about...because right now, we havent got a clue...

In hearing of your sadness, I would just like to offer a word of praise for your father in raising a son to be proud of, and Im sure he was very fulfilled with that accomplishment.

My thoughts are with you in this sad time.....very much so.

Take heart old son...

You are welcome to come and visit for a while. Just let us know and we will arrange everything.

[email protected]

ADDITION:
    Fark..if you are considering going to the Salt Lake City arrangements, and are a little stretched at this time...NPY and I would be priveleged to help with the airfare. Just let us know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit