Recovery 101 - a possibility?

by Lady Lee 43 Replies latest members private

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A Note from the new publisher

Also please add a note that the book will be available in April or May and if they email [email protected], we will notify them when it is out. After the book does come out, I would appreciate your simply putting a link to my site http://www.baytreepublish.com/

The website already has the book listed as upcoming.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

BT

Naturally it would be good to hear what the author's thoughts are about these points, but if I'm hearing correctly the idea is more of an interaction between all of us using the book only as a topic starter.

From the small interaction I have had with one of the authors she is a pretty busy woman. But yes my hope is to use the parts of the book to stimulate thinking and discussion rather than do an analysis of the book itself.

BTW, it's funny but I've been out since 1989 and yet there is still a tiny part that fights at the label "cult". It's funny really, all those years fighting being labeled as a cult and yet that's what they are. If you read the mindset, the need for control and the devastating effect on those leaving there is little doubt Jehovah's Witnesses are one. Perhaps the only real difference is that there is not one single 'dynamic' leader (ala Jim Jones, Sun Yung Moon, David Koresh, et al.).

I went through that denial too Chris. From what I read in the first chapter I think discussing it can help people to see just how controlling and destructive the WTS is.

I too fell back on "Well they don't have one leader" thinking to negate the power and control they had over my life. I hate people having control over me so beginning to think that the WTS really was a cult was a hard transition to make.

I don't know if I have anything of value to contribute LL, but you know I can't say no to you

I'm counting on it bud!

• Lady Lee
  • Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I guess I will need to read the book!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit