Recovery 101 - a possibility?

by Lady Lee 43 Replies latest members private

• wednesday
    wednesday

Heavens to mergertroude(sp)

wow was it tough finding the book. my town has 2 libraries not at either one. not at the adjacent small town, but found it at xxxxx. So for anyone in this area xxxxx public library system hs it. I have a copy reserved.
    anyone in this area need to know where to find it can pm me.

weds.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Every link I have found about the book says it is no longer available.

Some areas will have inter-library loans and will get you the book if another library has it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

With or without a book, I see a full round of recovery discussions to be very healing. They way you plan on organizing them, Lady Lee, will make them readily available to every round of newbies who come by here.

I have this itching feeling 2006 might be our banner year for newcomers.

Just a feeling...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, wednesday!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I have this itching feeling 2006 might be our banner year for newcomers.

I hope so. Far too many licves have been damaged. As I was reading the book I saw so many answers to the posts people are making about phobias, fears, feeling disconnected. The book talks about all those things and a whole lot more.

Too bad it is out of print.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

I devoured this book when I first stumbled upon it on the library shelves and so wanted my own copy - only to be very disappointed also, to learn that it is and has been out of print for a long time. The only copies I found available are high priced used ones. But, one day I will spring for it as it is one of the best books I have read and chock full of helpful info.

The copy at my library that I kept renewing over and over, has seen better days as obviously a lot of folks have searched through it's pages - it almost looks like somebody studied it for the Sunday meeting at the KHell. Kinda like one of those folks who goes crazy with the highlighter. Notes in all the margins clearly showed other dubs had read it.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Um so has it started yet? the first topic I mean?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Ladylee,

I'd be interested in this topic. I hope you have success in treating your foot problems.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Count me in, Lee. A wonderful idea!

http://www.hunterhouse.com/showbook.asp?bid=126 CaptiveHearts, Captive Minds 14.95 in paperback, 21.95 in hardcover

http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/BookCorner/captive.htm 11.96 (mlmsurvivor price)

• garybuss
    garybuss

LL, you wrote: The hard thing for me is that no one knows what is going on.Oh my, that does sounds hard. Please take care. Sorry you have this challenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit