NGO/WTS scandal info sought

by yaddayadda 30 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If you read the accreditation form itself, on the last page you find the requirement for the accompanying report.

Here is the text from that page:

Please provide a one to two page typewritten overview of your organization’s information programme relating to the United Nations during the last two years. The overview should include:
    • Name of the organization
    • Brief (no more than three sentences) statement of the organization’s goals
    • Main area of interest (see below for guidance)
    • Description of the organization’s information programme as it relates to the work of the United Nations. This may include, but is not limited, to list of publications (print and/or electronic), radio or television programmes, web sites, interviews and articles by organization’s officials, seminars, and conferences. Please include an estimated number of people who receive this information.
    • At least three samples of information materials described above (may be mailed separately with clearly stated name of the organization)

Apparently, this portion is only necessary every four years. However, the annual accreditation form includes and has included the "Criteria for Association" so all claims of ignorance regarding them is outright deceit.

Criteria for Association of Non-governmental Organizations with DPIa) The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations;
    b) The NGO must be of recognized national or international standing;
    c) The NGO should operate solely on a non-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status;
    d) The NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets; organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; or enlisting the attention of the media;
    e) The NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future;
    f) The NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN Sys tem prior to association;
    g) The NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant;
    h) The NGO should have statutes/bylaws providing for a transparent process of taking decisions, elections of officers and members of the Board of Directors.

AuldSoul

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I went to the UN's NGO website and read carefully through the entire accreditation form. The 2006 pdf version doesn't have any of the text you've quoted Auldsoul. Can you provide me with a link? Am I blind? Where are you getting your information?

We also need to find a complete copy of a pre 2001 accreditation form to compare with the latest version because as we know from 2002 the DPI got a lot more stringent about NGO's, therefore they could have tightened up on the wording since then.

On the following link is a copy of a 1999 blank accreditation form but it doesn't have any of the wording you have pasted Auldsoul. Throw me a bone here?

http://home.comcast.net/~sonofcomfort/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-MerchantID-412968-Publish-t-makestatic-true-skip-20.html

• Legolas
    Legolas

Go to....http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/101063/1.ashx I put some links on there if you want them!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Some excerpts from the application form that AuldSoul conveniently linked to. This form is completed annually, but the submission of evidence of UN support only has to be done once every four years.

7. As part of the review process, NGOs associated with DPI are requested to indicate how they continue to meet the criteria for association with DPI (attached for your information). In the attached form, we ask your organization to briefly summarize its ongoing information programme as it relates to the work of the United Nations and to submit examples of information materials as evidence of it (samples may be submitted separately).

The organizations that do not submit such information or no longer meet the criteria for association with DPI will be referred to the DPI Committee on NGOs for the decision regarding their association status. Representatives of these organizations may be denied accreditation at the UN and issuance of passes.

Criteria for Association of Non-governmental Organizations with DPI

a) The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations;

b) The NGO must be of recognized national or international standing;

c) The NGO should operate solely on a non-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status;

d) The NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets; organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; or enlisting the attention of the media;

e) The NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future;

f) The NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN Sys tem prior to association;

g) The NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant;

h) The NGO should have statutes/bylaws providing for a transparent process of taking decisions, elections of officers and members of the Board of Directors.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I found it, yaddayadda.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

yaddayadda, I don't know how I can throw you a bigger bone: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/99993/1725946/post.ashx#1725946

The link you found that shows a form for the year 2000 is not showing the entire Accreditation packet that would have been sent out (mailed, in 1999). The link above shows all the sheets that would have had similar corresponding sheets in all years. I have been assured by the UN/DPI NGO section that NGOs are frequently reminded of the Criteria for Association, at a minimum on a yearly basis with the Annual Accreditation packet.

* 2005 Annual Accreditation Form (PDF format)

* 2006 Annual Accreditation Form (PDF format)

The form you found was a one-page, front and back. The UN/DPI NGO section doesn't need to have the Criteria for Association mailed back to it. So, the text I indicated isn't included on the form itself. Even in the 2005 form it isn't included on the portion that would be mailed back. I don't know why the standard information was changed on the 2006 form, the 2006 form was published within the last week. But the links above will still take you to the 2005 and 2006 forms, respectively.

I am not sure exactly what it is you are looking for, or what your "smoking gun" would be. I can tell you, the Criteria for Association made the relationship worse, but that isn't what made the relationship a violation of the Governing Body's own standards.

An association is a membership, which means they joined the UN/DPI. They applied to do so, demonstrating desire. From Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (p. 155):

Concerning those who renounced their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.” (1 John 2:19) For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Isa. 2:4; Rev. 19:17-21) If a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, a brief announcement is made to the congregation, stating: “[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Such a person is treated in the same way as a disfellowshipped person. The presiding overseer should approve this announcement.

You can find nearly identical text in Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry (p. 151). The only real difference in wording is in the announcement read at the meeting. Their pretense they did not know in 1991 that this relationship was a direct and flagrant violation of their own judgment is pathetic. They have disfellowshipped people for becoming members of the YMCA or political activism groups. They knew better. Now they pretend they didn't know better.

But, once you know they don't mind stretching truth and outright lying to "support" their statements, nothing they say can be trusted: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/100209/1.ashx

AuldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just to make it clear;

• If any other religious organizations involved themselves in the UN in this way they would be called part of the 'Harlot'
    • If any witness joins the YMCA, thereby joining an org with principles that differ from the WTBTS - df'd or da'd no question
    • If a witness spent a night in a house of prostitution, no matter if he was fornicating or not, df'd no question

The GB holds all witnesses accountable for even the slightest violation of it's 'Christian priciples, but not itself.

One word sums it up - HYPOCRICY!

Jeff

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Everyone seems to be missing the point here. What I am after is a pre-2001 scan, or other proof, of the documents that would have accompanied the annual accreditation form in the 'package' Auldsoul talks about. Again: pre-2001! None of the links that you're all giving me have that. All I'm seeing are 2005 and 2006 docs. The latest versions are useless to establish something pre-2001. The UN tightened up it's annual NGO processes after the WTS debacle. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I'm not looking for a reason to say the WTS is innocent, because they blatantly are guilty on this. All I'm after is proof that they were absolutely required to submit an annual report along with the accreditation form each year pre 2001. Docs after that date don't prove anything re before that date.

I'm glad you guys aren't on my legal team.

• Legolas
  • Legolas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit