Very few know even the basic doctrines of the Witnesses

by joelbear 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vitty
    vitty

I did phone witnessing regulary, in more than one congregation, im sorry Defd, its a joke .Or should I say a complete waste of time.

• gumby
    gumby

Newly baptized individuals know even less about their own doctrines and beliefs......yet these are held just as accountable as one who's been a witness for 30 years. Thousands a year realise what this religion is made of once they are disfellowshipped because they lack the information that deals with their personal obligation to this religion at the time of their baptism.

To take this a bit further......Christianity has been around much longer than the witnesses......yet how many can tell you about the personal life of Jesus ....or cite at least 3 of the 10 commandments?

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down

The average Dub doesn't have time and is too selfish for a REAL ministry.

If 20 bible studies (or hell 2 for that matter) showed up on their doorstep asking for a study...all their "syndromes" and "allergies" would instantly flare up, rendering them incapable of bearing any "spiritual load".

They are too "busy" working...planning their next cruise... buying their next 7series... golfing... sailing...and buying overpriced cocktails at pretentious restaurants that other Dubs frequent. Bunch of F'n hypocrites and liars!

When I finally realized that like me and maybe 2 other people...were in it for the "right" reasons and NO ONE was doing anything...except giving the PRETENSE of "looking" busy...I said to hell with this sh*t.

Bunch of white washed graves....I tell ya.

I've yet to meet ANY Dub that can explain 1914... type vs. anti-type...the New Jerusalem...the FDS doctrine...USING JUST THEIR BIBLE...it's an "animal" that don't exits.

u/d(of the it's not paranoia if they really are outta get you class)

• badboy
    badboy

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS, MAN

yOU MEAN TO TELL ME NO ONE HEARD OF YOU!

• jstalin
    jstalin

If WT embraces technology so much, and they're so sure of their doctrine, why sue the quotes web site? Why doesn't WT put every past Watchtower, Awake, and publication online. Why isn't the Reasoning book online? I've never heard of the Vatican suing anyone for posting RCC documents online. In fact, the vatican's web site has all Catholic doctrines online:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/index.htm

Does the WT post all its doctrines online? Or do they prefer the bait and switch, to get people in the organization, and then reveal what they're really about? Where'e the online catechism of the WTBTS?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Years ago...I suggested that WE use TV... Radio... Videos... The Net...

I was told with resounding sterness...that Jehovah's people will NEVER resort to these "machination" as the "door to door" is the only "approved" method. Satan and the world may use these other media outlets...but not US.

1 year later...the first VHS tapes came out...

The Dubs used to be so proud of their MEPS...remember that?

Well their figurative "lamps" have run out of oil.

I find the Dubs are now just a rag tag group...that wouldn't fit in anywhere else...so they continue to get more and more "inbred".

They more resemble the bloods and crips than a "religion"...just a place to belong... or you're thrown "outside" into the "cold".

u/d(of the prefers the cold class)

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I also had many ask me, "Are you Jehovah?

Ha ha! Here in Norway, people call it "Jehovahs". Are you a Jehovahs? I used to hate that, when I was a kid. Not only was I a freak from a freak-family, but people didn`t even know the correct term for our insanity.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone might be able to find this...I was scanning a few of my parents old bound volumes from the late 60's and early 70's and I think in an old Awake I read a mini article (you know the columns in the back) bashing computers.

Too funny...makes my wish sometimes I had those old bound volumes, theyre always good for a laugh.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I couldn't even tell you accurately how many time's Id heard some JW refer to the Governing Body solely as the "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class".. I went inactive off and on over the course of ten years, and whenever I came back I'd hear some "exemplary one" screw up an explanation of the beliefs that they base their entire lives around..

Either the vast majority of JW's are really dense or they just know they have the "truth" and don't care to know how it works.

GBL

• carla
    carla

Most people I talk to still don't know squat about the wt. And most have a story for me about a 'big jehovah', and still I don't correct them. I still get a little chuckle about them calling them a big god. They of course don't realize it, they just think of them a denomination at best, most think of it as a cult of some sort. Jw's cannot see that their failure to be able to even explain their main doctrine of 1914/1919 makes them look like idiots. "you mean you can't explain this very important date yet you believe it", 'yes the fds says.....' Well why are they the fds? Look at all the evidence! What evidence? The fds says..." Totally idiotic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit