Very few know even the basic doctrines of the Witnesses

by joelbear 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

We have sound cars . . . we MUST have the truth!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

defd says "we have a website".

I wonder how many hits it gets from interested people?

Many of my friends are online, and none of them have ever visited it. Most of them have never been visited by jws either, and this in a relatively small city (population about 300,000), with 9 congs in it. The ones that have had a visit tell me that the jws just wanted to hand the mags over without any real explanation as to what they were about. The ones that accepted literature were never visited again, even though the dubs said they would be back. One girl even agreed to a return visit the following week, at the same time. She was at home, but the dubs never showed up. Not that she was interested anyway, but if she had been it wouldn't have mattered as they didn't keep the appointment.

• kid-A
    kid-A

The dubs en masse dont have a clue as to their history or doctrinal evolution because the WTS constantly revises their history to suit their present needs. They have consistently demonstrated that if they can control their past, they can control their future.

Case in point, my mother was in shock and denial to hear that Russell had EVER dabbled in pyramidology....she did not have the remotest clue about this very significant part of the JW origins.......most have NO idea the witnesses used to celebrate x-mas or b-days.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Kid-A, I can remember a slide presentation at my KH when I was very young that documented some of the stuff you mention like pyramidology, use of the cross on old WT, and Christmas. I knew as many did at my hall that these things used to be common practice but were eliminated due to increased understanding and knowledge of the bible.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Kid-A, I can remember a slide presentation at my KH when I was very young that documented some of the stuff you mention like pyramidology

Wow, I am shocked to hear that. My mom has been a dub since the 1940s, my grandmother since the early 30s and neither had any knowledge about this. Maybe in Canada they did a better job burying their history! LOL

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

That could be. Don't get me wrong, they didn't talke about these things every other Sunday or anything like that. I can distinctly remember one singular slide show that exposed all of those things and it was probably 15 to 20 years ago. Im sure that new recruits that have come in since have little knowledge, if any, regarding the history of the WTBS.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I swear it's almost it seems some of you people are kidding! Are you sure you people are not pulling my leg? I didn't use to live in Sydney, and I've seen the JW's quite a few times knocking on people's doors... they must have knocked on my door, other wise I wouldn't be so resentful-sounding on this board! Maybe because most of you people live in USA! That's a huge country geographically and population speaking speaking! Most people in Australia live in South-east Australia! There's only 20 million of us down here... I think there's like 30 million in Canada. I'll try and believe you people.... I don't think you would have any need to lie... I'll keep the "doubts part" in my mind still just to be on the safe side... I think the JW's need to upgrade their marketing techniques and consider things like the 5 p's. People Place Product Price Promotion ...Hmmm maybe it's April Fools? Oh no, it's 15 October. Right. Ok. Hmmm...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Aug 13-05 Jehovah's Witnesses reach out to all

San Antonio Express (subscription), TX "Nine times out of 10 they (people) are ignorant as to what our beliefs are ,".. * * * * * *

• inquirer
    inquirer

@DannyHaszard, Coming out of the horses' mouth (from that newspaper article) I guess it is true then. :( :| :S But they knock on so many doors, they're in the media at times (although negative -- you would have thought it would "spark some interest" in what their teachings are), they give out so much literature... You'd think that people would "look into them" as a religion. Even if they just find out about JW doctrine on the Internet. It says at the back of the magazine of the Watchtower the Internet address of JW's -- www.watchtower.org.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do they need to know the doctrines when it's all about chasing the carrot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit