leaving

by Lo-ru-hamah 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Welcome!

We are here for whenever you are in need. We've been there, or are there, or are on our way there.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• toby888
    toby888

I am leaving too and I sympathise so much with what you are going through. Decided that the outfit was a cult for sure a few months ago and since have been determined to back out slowly. It has been very difficult, but what I have learned on the net here has been indispensible. I have gone through all the classic post-traumatic stress syndromes: Sometimes I get a random adrenaline surge for no reason, sometimes I break out in a perfuse sweat for no apparent reason. Also persistent difficulty in concentrating on one task, like work. Fortunately, my symptoms are improving. Instead of breaking off all meetings altogether it has been easier for me to back out more slowly, so as not to get too much attention onto myself. I no longer feel guilty about not going to service and getting more people into this cult. I have to still combat mind control at the meetings I do go to, but I'm getting better at it. I think time heals all wounds, and I do feel myself getting stronger. Now I am chomping at the bit to leave but my family is still in so I have to be very careful.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You have a PM.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

It is really terrible isn't it? Thank goodness my entire family, except for my youngest brother have left. And he reconginzes the problems but as a witness he says that you must wait on Jehovah. This is a difficult journey because I still believe in the fundamentals, no hellfire, no trinity, paradise earth, no blood, Jehovah God. And Jesus made it clear that we should tell others about the coming kingdom, which since I have not been going is very difficult because I do not know where to tell people to go. Do others of you still believe in the fundamentals as well?

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I have no idea. What is a PM?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I still believe in the fundamentals, no hellfire, no trinity, paradise earth, no blood, Jehovah God.

So did I! No question in my mind that the Watchtower was teaching the Bible correctly... and then I started reading!

It turns out that the "fundamentals" are Jehovah's Witness fundamentals, not Bible fundamentals. Look around, read with an open mind, and you'll see what I mean. The blood doctrine is a particularly easy one to shoot down.

I have a discussion on birthdays you might enjoy, showing how the Watchtower's reasoning on forbidding them doesn't hold water: http://thebentinel.com/jw-birthdays.html

You don't have to give up Jehovah and Jesus to give up the Watchtower. Plenty here have done it.

Dave

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Do others of you still believe in the fundamentals as well?

There are lots of Christians on this board.. all are welcome. Nice to meet you!

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome to the board Lo-ru! (and toby888!)

post lots!

TS

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Lo-ru-hamah!

Deprogramming from a cult takes time. Be patient with yourself and understand the feelings though uncomfortable are all part of the process.

You have this new place to vent and support others going through the same thing, so welcome! Here are some links on JWD which may help you familiarize yourself with the forum better:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77659/1.ashx

Oh and the PM box is in the upper left hand corner under your user name, click on the INBOX and read your PM, you also have a reply option from there.

Kate

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Lo-ru-hamah, welcome to the board.

And a welcome to you, too, Toby888.

It does get better with time. You can't rush the process. Although, studying and seeing where the Society is wrong does help.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit