leaving

by Lo-ru-hamah 37 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Lo-ru and Toby

Welcome to the site!

Personally I perhaps have had it differently. I left about 3 years ago, and felt guilty as hell for ages, until I found this site and went onto read Crisis of Conscience. After that I was fine, I made my decision never to go back. Although like others already on this thread it may take you more time, but you could be like me. Suddenly everything 'clicks' and you can get on with your life, free of the JW's.

Good luck

PaulJ

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome to the board! You will find lots of help here in getting over the blues.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Wow, what great news!!

Welcome aboard Lo-ru and Toby!

We're very happy to see you made it. Please settle in and you'll soon feel very much at home.

When you have time look up some past threads in the "Best of..." forum. It'll help you a lot.

In the meantime, again WELCOME!

Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Lo-Ru. I'm glad the board was a help to you. It's helped me immeasurably.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've left emotionally and mentally for 10 years now.

It took me a good 8 years to deprogram myself. I feel so much better now about my decision. The first 5 years was such a struggle, I'd keep going back and forth on my decision.

DY

• toby888
  • Es
    Es

welcome to the board. Just take one day at a time it does get easier i promise. It took me nearly 2 years to get there.

Enjoy your stay

es

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd just like to say I still believe in the three cornerstone, fundamental Jehovah's Witness doctrines and I may not even be a theist. I still dis-believe in immortality of the soul. I still dis-believe in hell fire. I still dis-believe in the trinity. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit