A Challange to Def'd.....

by AK - Jeff 54 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well folks - I have given Defd a full day to answer a simple question - he hasn't and he won't I suspect.

He did get opportunity to attack a few more JWD people - I think that is what he lives for really anyway. So I am glad that by starting this thread I at least gave him a conduit for his apostate-bashing today.

On another thread he claims he is done with the forum - I think that is at least the fouth time I recall that. I rather think his shift at Bethel is over for the day - he'll be back tommorrow I assume.

If not - oh well - another Watchtower bait and switch artist will show. He won't have any answers either.

Ta-Ta for the night my fellow wonderful apostates! May God [if u believe in him] bless you!

Jeff

• M.J.
    M.J.
    When I was in I used to think in amazement that somehow God had 'drawn me' to His organization. Why me and not the person across the street or down in the rice paddies of Cambodia?

That attitude plus the WTS promotion of the idea that all the people of the world are "veiled" from seeing the ultimate "truth"--the "truth" that God speaks to mankind through his FDS class (the WT study topic of 2 wks ago)---really sounds to me a lot like a predestination position. Those who join are "called" from among the masses. The masses who aren't called are veiled from seeing the obvious, cause they aren't of the "elect" and thus are destined for destruction.

Why shouldn't it be obvious that the WTS is God's chosen organization and people to the rest of the world, not just to people that have that particular message hammered into them nearly every day of their lives?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Have you ever thought that it is not MY arrogance that holds me back from answering you all, but it is the unsuccessful way YALL try to HIDE your ulterior motives?

You are mistaken. There is no ulterior motive. Whether or not you remain a JW is entirely up to you. No one here has anything to gain or lose by whatever choice you make.

W

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Why shouldn't it be obvious that the WTS is God's chosen organization and people to the rest of the world, not just to people that have that particular message hammered into them nearly every day of their lives?

Exactly. I used to ask myself the same thing everyday of my witness life.

I never asked an elder or a CO or written to the society about anything. I figured, since I have access to the same material they do I can just spend some extra time doing research and I will find the answer. That's what is taught to you as a dub anyway-----if you are depressed or have doubts, just pray more, study more, go in field service more.

Well that didn't work.

I spent many hours looking looking looking for an answer, any real answer. I read through all the old WT Awakes and numerous publications, the bible from beginning to end. I couldn't reconcile what was in the literature with what was in the bible. My search ended when I found the internet! All the doubts were then justified: The WTS is not God's organization.

Now maybe I missed something somewhere. I admit I didn't always pay close attention at the indoctrination sessions meetings but I tried to find something, anything to prove that this was genuinely the truth.

• atypical
    atypical

After I started really having serious doubts, this was the main question that bothered me. I followed this thread hoping that Def'd would have a good answer. Realistically, I guess we cannot expect him to have a better answer than the organization itself has given. At this last summer's district convention, the only thing that kept me awake was waiting to hear if they addressed this subject. It's interesting that I never pondered this point until the last few months.

Anyway, one talk on the program did address this issue. It was a speaker from Bethel, and he said basically this: In 1918 Jesus arrived and found that the JWs were the only ones who were dispensing the proper spiritual food to his sheep. They said 1918 was crucial because it was three and a half years after 1914. Apparently three and a half years is significant because that's how long Jesus waited to return to his cleansed temple or something like that.

I found the explanation to be empty and scary.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow Def'd, do you see how many new ones have responded to this thread, not to mention those who only read the posts?

You have truly given a great witness today! You have shown that there is no answer!

Many thanks!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• I quit!
    I quit!

You know df'd you answered exaclty like Soledad said you would:

Have you ever thought that it is not MY arrogance that holds me back from answering you all, but it is the unsuccessful way YALL try to HIDE your ulterior motives?

Pease explain the ulterior motives you fear. The truth should be able to overcome any trap set by an unbeliever. Usually what you get when you ask a JW for proof that the WT is God's organization is: "Because Christ came back in 1914 look at all the religions and chose us." Then if you ask how them know he came back in 1914 they point to WT eschatology as proof. In other words: How do you know Christ came back in 1914? Because the WT says he did. How do you know the WT knows what it is talking about? Because when Christ came back he annointed the WT as the only organization he speaks through. How can you argue that? Circular reasoning at its finest!

• I quit!
    I quit!
    In 1918 Jesus arrived and found that the JWs were the only ones who were dispensing the proper spiritual food to his sheep. They said 1918 was crucial because it was three and a half years after 1914. Apparently three and a half years is significant because that's how long Jesus waited to return to his cleansed temple or something like that.

And look at the food they were slopping (dispensing) on the table at that time. His coming was so clear they were still teaching he came in 1874 twenty years later.

As for the 3 1/2 years I guess there was a lot of paperwork involved in firing everyone else.

• alamb
    alamb

1 Peter 3:15 "...always ready to make a defense before EVERYONE that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect." NWT

Would not with-holding the truth you KNOW in fear of throwing pearls before swing raise the issue of blood-guilt if a lurker here were stumbled? What a fine opportunity this is for you to make a defense.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

AK-Jeff:

When God chose Israel as his people [organization if u will], there was immediate proof from Mt Sinai, and miraculous proof during the 40 year trek in the wilderness. When God showed approval of Jesus, there were many miraculous proofs given to show that. There was no doubt in the minds of those who saw such things. Why would God not demonstrate in some way that he had chosen a people now?

I like your reasoning! It questions the Witnesses' frequently stated so-called logivcal argument in support of "the Organisation".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit