A Challange to Def'd.....

by AK - Jeff 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

LOL I rest my case!

Why don't you just answer the question?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hit and run. He's not willing to put his own belief system on the line, but he's more than willing to tell us how wrong each and every one of us are. His young male ego can't be bothered.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Have you ever thought that it is not MY arrogance that holds me back from answering you all, but it is the ;unsuccessful way YALL try to HIDE your ulterior motives?

Is the point that you aren't going to throw pearls before swine, as it were? The thing to keep in mind is that there are LURKERS out there that are reading these posts. Folks that are currently JW's but are starting to think they ought not to be. When a thread pops up with a question like, "Current JW's: Prove that Jehovah is using the F&DS", those lurkers can't help but pay attention. You are part of a severely under-represented group; current, believing JW's. Why would you not want to take the opportunity to remind these lurkers (and any back-sliding apostates!) what "the truth" is really based on? Dave

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Dave,

It isn't polite to ask the impossible.

OldSoul

• defd
    defd

Almostatheist.

Because It has been PROVEN that the answers that they look for have been discussed with them many many times before. Look at some in here. They have talked to P.O'S, C.O'S, Elders and even written the society. I CANNOT tell them anything DIFFERENT. It would be the same. Sincerly.Those who come here will find the answer, one way or another, I honestly bel;ieve that.

• daystar
    daystar
    but it is the unsuccessful way YALL try to HIDE your ulterior motives?

Would you mind explaining how this is not just you being paranoid? Take me as an example. What ulterior motive do you think I'm trying to hide?

• defd
    defd

Daystar

Because It has been PROVEN that the answers that they look for have been discussed with them many many times before. Look at some in here. They have talked to P.O'S, C.O'S, Elders and even written the society. I CANNOT tell them anything DIFFERENT. It would be the same. Sincerly.Those who come here will find the answer, one way or another, I honestly bel;ieve that.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    defd: Look at some in here. They have talked to P.O'S, C.O'S, Elders and even written the society.

Not one has shown me a single solitary Scripture to support the teaching that the FDS is a class of people.

Without that foundation, the teaching of Governing Body authority (magisterium) and the teaching of two classes of sheep with distinct destinies come sharply into focus.

You are correct, you cannot do what they have been unable to do. You cannot show me what does not exist. But, you already know you can't find Scripture to support for that teaching if you did nothing more than a cursory investigation. You will wake up eventually. I will be available for conversations when you do, believe me. I won't hold this rejection due to cognitive dissonance against you.

You might look at it this way, "If I can't explain my beliefs from the Bible, what are my beliefs based on?" That is what we are instructed to get people we meet in the field ministry to think about. Well, if you apply it to yourself, you will find some GLARING shortcomings in your own religion.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Bryan
    Bryan

Def'd,

There is no hidden motive. We know you cannot do it. And you know you cannot either, but refuse to admit it. If the WBTS were truly God's agent, you could prove it, and you would shout from the rafters just how everyone on earth could know as well.

But in the end, all you have are several men who tell you this is the truth... and so you blindly believe.

Your silence and dodging the question has answered for you... No, you cannot prove it with God's word.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Cori
    Cori

which answer? ........ not that the WTBTS is the truth, in my opinion. I remember being told to forget those questions and go along with what I knew to be the truth. My questions were ignored, ridiculed, and answered untruthfully, and then they wanted complete devotion?

Im open to hearing any good answers you have Def'd to their questions. With no ulterior motives, but to just listen...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit