I just got flipped off!!!

by Dimples 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

OMG! I was driving home from work and I was leaving to enter into traffic. I work at school so the speed limit is 15 mph. I stopped and looked to the right and then inched up and looked to the left when this guy came flying by. I stopped quickly and then he flipped me off. I thought that was so rude. I admit I was on the cell phone but I was alert and acted quickly considering he was going way past the speed limit. Was I wrong in your opinion? I still think he was rude. Whenever a man can act that way toward a woman, it sure makes you wonder about his character.

DIMPLES

• betty boop
    betty boop

lol poor thing. When something like that happens your always in a state of shock. Although living in NYC has made me a bit immune to that type of stuff. I have been flashed more times than i can count, and i have just as badly cursed people out on the subway lol

• Jordan
    Jordan

I will admit I'm not against flipping the bird to somebody that cuts me up when I'm driving, I don't usually care whether it's a man or a woman, chances are they'll evoke the same response from me.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I have to say that the important point is that you did not have your full attention on the road, you admit you were on the phone. It is very difficult to judge speed when you are more or less stationary, much less so when your mind is on a phone call as well. How do you know that person didn't have a good reason for speeding? What if the guy was in a police car? Would the fault still have been his if he was on an emergency call?

obviously being rude isn't called for since everyone makes mistakes, but, I see this kind of thing all the time. There are a thousand distractions in a car and none help to keep your eyes peeled for all the looneys out there. My advice, switch off the phone and cd player/radio and lock the kids in the boot!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I just try to remember that when one points a finger, no matter which one it is, three are pointing back... or in this case down to his own...crotch.

• daystar
    daystar
    I just try to remember that when one points a finger, no matter which one it is, three are pointing back... or in this case down to his own...crotch.

Too bad the three pointing downwards don't exactly have the same impact or meaning as the one he had pointing upwards. *ducks*

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I used to blow them a kiss when they did that, with a wink for good measure. People that flip you off are counting on your horror or shock when they do it, it usually feeds into more bad energy. Well you can get a little back, cuz trust me, their jaw drops when you throw them a kiss!

Sherry

• Dimples
    Dimples

Jordan,

I will admit I'm not against flipping the bird to somebody that cuts me up when I'm driving, I don't usually care whether it's a man or a woman, chances are they'll evoke the same response from me.

Shame on you for being a bad boy.

Caedes,

How do you know that person didn't have a good reason for speeding?

There is never a good reason for speeding down a school zone. I admit I shouldn't have been on the phone but he shouldn't have been speeding either. Good lesson learned.

betty boop,

It was shocking but I am over it. Life goes on.

DIMPLES

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'd rather get flipped off then some crackpot stopping and getting out of their car to make contact.

Some people are crazy

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

what a jerk. did he have a fish decal on the back of his vehicle? if so, i know the guy...

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit