I just got flipped off!!!

by Dimples 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Jordan
    Jordan

Jordan,

Shame on you for being a bad boy.

I know. I'm a bad person. But I'm so good at it.

Speeding in a school area is wrong, dangerous and irresponsible, but again, I'll admit I have been known to speed at other times. However mobile phone use is so out of the question for me, I won't even use a hands free kit. Apart from it being against the law over here, I don't fully believe I'll have control over my vehicle with a phone in my hand.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You should have chased him down, slashed his tires and nailed a dead cat to his front door!

• Caedes
    Caedes
    There is never a good reason for speeding down a school zone. I admit I shouldn't have been on the phone but he shouldn't have been speeding either. Good lesson learned.

That means there is never a good reason to be dividing your attention with a phone call in a school zone either. Remember that if you hadn't had your attention on a phone call your near miss might never have happened.

There is little point in saying, well if someone else hadn't been doing that then it wouldn't have happened, since you can't alter what mistakes other people might make in the future. What you can take away from the experience is what you can do differently in the future not what somebody else should or shouldn't do.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Road rage is so common here it's no longer consider "rage" but more like "defensive driving!"

The best thing to do is to not overreact. Things can escalate pretty quickly and there are a lot of crazies out there.

• luna2
    luna2

I remember getting trapped in the far left-hand lane once ...not that anybody was going all that fast since it was rush hour...and some big dope weaving in and out of traffic trying to continue going as fast as he possibly could. He flipped me off just before cutting in front of me. I knew he was just one of those moron business jerks who seem to think that the sea of cars should part before their greatness because they are in a hurry, but it still made me angry.

Around here it just became law that you have to have hands-free cell phone equipment in your cars. Should see all the guys with headsets walking around the store now. LOL

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    I used to blow them a kiss when they did that, with a wink for good measure. People that flip you off are counting on your horror or shock when they do it, it usually feeds into more bad energy. Well you can get a little back, cuz trust me, their jaw drops when you throw them a kiss!

I did that once about a week ago. For those of your who don't know, here in LA we have two lanes for getting on the freeway, one for carpools and one for single drivers. The single drivers have to stop at a light before getting on. So I get the green light and start to go when this guy decides to show up from the carpool lane as i'm now going about 40 and almost pushes me off the road. I beeped my horn as a way of saying "hey!" and they flipped me off. So I blew them a kiss cause I could see them looking at me in their rear view.

I recently had a guy from the phone company yell at me for being on the phone. It was ironic.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Thanks Guys, for all of your advice and opinions. Sherry that is a good one, think I will do that next time as I am sure this won't be the last time I get flipped off.

LOL at TS and Elsewhere.

DIMPLES

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Maybe he was just flirting with you.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

With all due respect, it’s been my experience that cell phone drivers are negligent drivers. Im not saying that you were, Im just saying that is my experience.

On a lighter note, I love flipping off people with a smile. Not that I do it all the time. It’s been years. Nothing says FU like the bird with a grin.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well.........

In my opinion it was rude because it did involve a school zone speed limit. He was just an asshole opps sorry Simon! Never speed in a school zone!

For me I drive with my finger up. It was how I was taught since my father is from Chicago area and he did teach me how to drive.I have more road rage then anyone I know. People have always in a big city let me drive because I will get their faster and it is like going to Great America. Ever go down a 35 going 87? Yeah I used to do that. Damn Police!

Don't take it personally. Flipping someone off is a Art in my book. It means so many things.....like.......

Hey you have a better car than I.......

You drive slow and I will kill myself if I have to follow you for another 30 seconds......

Hi I am behind you and I would like to pass.......

See it can mean many things. So I live in WI and if you see me flipping you off it more like I am waving hello and I am passing you at a fast speed.

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit